PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Me - Mutha 7/13

sieglinde
07-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I guess this show is never going to change. None of the characters ever seem to grow and change. The bar thing was pretty much the proof of this.

windracer
07-17-2011, 05:23 PM
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=472914

justen_m
07-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah, but that is a season thread, without spoilers in the title. I think episode threads are appropriate in addition to season threads if warranted.

The opening recap threw me a bit. I think I actually skipped last season altogether, or at least parts of it. I remember Damien getting injured, but don't recall him being a vegetable. Nor do I recall the big intervention Tommy did for Colleen (the church scene).

I think there was _some_ growth displayed. Tommy spit out the alcohol he had drank when he found Colleen passed out in the back of the bar. Of course blowing the bar away with the shotgun was old Tommy.

I laughed at the scene with Tommy and Janet after she visited her ObGyn, with Tommy on the hood of the car and Janet dumping him on the road right in front of her doctor.

dianebrat
07-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah, but that is a season thread, without spoilers in the title. I think episode threads are appropriate in addition to season threads if warranted.

The opening recap threw me a bit. I think I actually skipped last season altogether, or at least parts of it. I remember Damien getting injured, but don't recall him being a vegetable. Nor do I recall the big intervention Tommy did for Colleen (the church scene).

I think I'm in the same boat and gave up some time last year, but I'll give this final season a shot, some times they really can rise to the occasion when they know they need to tie things up.

EvilMidniteBombr
07-17-2011, 11:01 PM
I do not understand at all why Sheila and Janet are BFFs now. Didn't they completely hate each other since Tommy started sleeping with Sheila all the way up until now?

gchance
07-17-2011, 11:30 PM
I do not understand at all why Sheila and Janet are BFFs now. Didn't they completely hate each other since Tommy started sleeping with Sheila all the way up until now?

This can't end in any way except... well, the way Tommy envisioned it. :P

Greg

EvilMidniteBombr
07-17-2011, 11:37 PM
This can't end in any way except... well, the way Tommy envisioned it. :P

Greg
that would be sweet! But I hope they hold off until after the baby is born.

Steveknj
07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
When Tommy walked into the bar and his cousin and uncle were running it, I knew that it couldn't end well. It's like the mice being in charge of the cheese (of course it did work once....Sam in Cheers...but in Cheers we never got the impression that Sam was batsh*t crazy...he did fall off the wagon once though). Should be interesting how "black" Sean handles his GF getting blitzed again.

As crazy as this show is sometimes...I still get a big kick out of it.

Amnesia
07-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Should be interesting how "black" Sean handles his GF getting blitzed again.And of course, not just that she got drunk, but why she got drunk...

Steveknj
07-18-2011, 09:05 AM
And of course, not just that she got drunk, but why she got drunk...

Exactly.

I realized what was really missing from this episode. There needed to be a lot more sparring between the Shauns, and Mikey. To me some of the funniest stuff is when they "out stupid" each other. We really only got a little of this as "Lew" was cooking.

Amnesia
07-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Very little firehouse in general. I wonder why the writers chose to make the premiere a time of fire-boredom. Was it to give Tommy more of a chance to interact with his family? Was it to make it easier to imagine Janet agreeing to have the baby despite her insistence that he get a "normal" job?

On another note, doesn't it seem like the two daughters are looking more like sisters every season?

sieglinde
07-18-2011, 01:12 PM
I enjoy the firehouse conflicts etc. much more than Tommy's family conflicts. I don't need action scenes in burning buildings just more time with the guys. The bar could have been part of an entertaining arc but I suspect this the last we have seen of that bar.

justen_m
07-18-2011, 03:11 PM
And of course, not just that she got drunk, but why she got drunk...
I'm surprised Tommy didn't appear to notice the engagement ring. I was expecting him to see it and then go storming off after Sean.

I like the firehouse banter too. Tommy's personal life is boring now. It was more fun when he was seeing that woman played by the actress from ER (Maura Tierney), or when he was secretly seeing Shelia.

dianebrat
07-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm surprised Tommy didn't appear to notice the engagement ring. I was expecting him to see it and then go storming off after Sean.

I like the firehouse banter too. Tommy's personal life is boring now. It was more fun when he was seeing that woman played by the actress from ER (Maura Tierney), or when he was secretly seeing Shelia.

Oh I CLEARLY missed a huge chunk of last season, I didn't even know Maura Tierney was in Rescue Me and I'm a huge fan of hers.

justen_m
07-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh I CLEARLY missed a huge chunk of last season, I didn't even know Maura Tierney was in Rescue Me and I'm a huge fan of hers.
So maybe I didn't miss as much. Sorry if I spoiled something. She was totally hot! And pretty much just interested in the firehat with a hard on. ;- She was around for a half dozen or so episodes. Maybe I only missed the last one or two? What ep was the Tommy/Colleen intervention? How about the Damien/vegetable reveal?

dianebrat
07-18-2011, 10:49 PM
So maybe I didn't miss as much. Sorry if I spoiled something. She was totally hot! And pretty much just interested in the firehat with a hard on. ;- She was around for a half dozen or so episodes. Maybe I only missed the last one or two? What ep was the Tommy/Colleen intervention? How about the Damien/vegetable reveal?

LOL I'm cool with being spoiled on that since I knew starting back up again with weekly viewings of this season means I lost my right to complain about last season spoilers.

orangeboy
07-18-2011, 10:53 PM
I missed the firefighting action.

VegasVic
07-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Way too much non firehouse stuff in this one. Considering there are only 9 in this final season I feel like this was a throw away for the most part. The Sheila/Janet are now best friends storyline is way too contrived even for this show. This show has definitely run it's course. I'd love a spinoff with all the firefighters, sans Tommy.

busyba
07-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Was Andrea Roth really pregnant when they filmed that? If not, that was a really convincing FX job.

EvilMidniteBombr
07-21-2011, 01:24 AM
According to Wikipedia... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Roth)
On March 20, 2010, Roth gave birth to a daughter whom she named Ava Reese

pendragn
07-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Was Andrea Roth really pregnant when they filmed that? If not, that was a really convincing FX job.

According to Wikipedia... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Roth)

My wife and I had the same discussion. I remember reading that they filmed this season a long time ago and sat on it so the series could end around the 10th anniversary of 9/11. That and there being snow on the ground I'm assuming they filmed this in early 2010 while she was pregnant.

tk