PDA

View Full Version : True Blood - OAD 7/3/2011

heySkippy
07-05-2011, 07:58 AM
No thread? I really enjoyed this episode and my hopes are way up for this season.

Lots of good stuff going on. I like Sam's therapy group. :) The witches conquering Eric surprised me a bit, but amnesiac Eric + Sookie should be fun to watch. She's going to have a hard time hating him now.

So Jason is going to be a were, Andy is hooked on V, Tara is back (boo), Jessica cheating on Hoyt, Pam looking HOT!

I really liked the way they explained how Bill had managed to beat the queen. I'd been wondering and hadn't guessed that. Punk rocker Bill was fun.

Looks good for the rest of the season!

TIVO_GUY_HERE
07-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Warepanthers look much cooler than a warewolfs. No messy changing, just instanly poof ya a panther.

ok episode, still not up to par with most of the series.

Anubys
07-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Sookie nursing Erik to health should be interesting.

Are those panthers people werewolves or something else?

I don't consider Jessica feeding on someone to be cheating on Hoyt. On the other hand, that relationship has run its course for sure...

heySkippy
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM

Werepanthers.

Hoffer
07-05-2011, 10:17 AM
I've been enjoying this season as well. A lot of great stuff going on.

tlc
07-05-2011, 10:45 AM
I really liked the way they explained how Bill had managed to beat the queen. I'd been wondering and hadn't guessed that. Punk rocker Bill was fun.

But aren't the vamps supposed to be fast enough to dodge humans pointing guns? She waited for it.

TAsunder
07-05-2011, 11:17 AM
But aren't the vamps supposed to be fast enough to dodge humans pointing guns? She waited for it.

Are we sure those are humans? It seems like a lot of the "people with guns" would be completely ineffective if they were human. Take, for example, Bill's security duty. If they weren't vampires, they'd be too slow to react to any hostile vampire.

Anubys
07-05-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree with the comments about them being useless. I did get the impression that they are humans.

Beryl
07-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Tara is back (boo), Jessica cheating on Hoyt, Pam looking HOT!

Thrilled Tara is back but with her recent 'preference change' and Pam being a gay vamp, I wondering....

busyba
07-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I agree with the comments about them being useless. I did get the impression that they are humans.

Definitely humans. When they stormed the room, the Queen said "how dare you bring humans into our affairs" or something like that.

Hoffer
07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
I listen to a radio show and a guy on there hates Tara. He said that anytime she's on screen, he fasts forwards. He claims he doesn't miss a thing as anything involving Tara adds nothing to the rest of the show's story.

I guess I've never had a strong feeling about Tara.

john4200
07-05-2011, 12:44 PM
The witches conquering Eric surprised me a bit, but amnesiac Eric + Sookie should be fun to watch. She's going to have a hard time hating him now.

Well, it seemed like Eric was close to jumping on Sookie and drinking her blood, so if he does that, easy to hate him.

I was interested in Bill's plan for Eric. Did Bill intend for Eric to stop the witches, or did Bill expect the witches would be too much for Eric, and Bill wanted to humiliate Eric, or worse? Bill did insist on Eric going personally. Maybe Bill is just getting clever in his royalty, and figured that both the witches and Eric are his enemies, so whatever happens when they clash should be good for Bill.

Magnolia88
07-05-2011, 01:03 PM
I liked this episode a lot more than the premiere.

I don't like the thought of Jason becoming a werepanther. :( I've always liked that he is so human, with almost everyone else on the show having some sort of supernatural quality.

Amnesiac Eric is great so far. (Did he forget where he left his shirt? :D ) I can't wait to see where this goes.

Bill is more interesting when he's not with Sookie. I liked punker Bill.

Rob Helmerichs
07-05-2011, 01:20 PM
I liked punker Bill.
I don't know, that fakey accent bugged me.

:D

heySkippy
07-05-2011, 02:12 PM
I assumed the guys with guns were vampires. Why wouldn't they be?

stellie93
07-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I was interested in Bill's plan for Eric. Did Bill intend for Eric to stop the witches, or did Bill expect the witches would be too much for Eric.

Did Bill forbid him to take reinforcements, or was he just too arrogant? Or maybe if he had we would have ended up with a whole bunch of amnesiacs.

I had the idea that Lafayette is just way more powerful than your average witch--even the raising dead birds type.

madscientist
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Amnesiac Eric is great so far. (Did he forget where he left his shirt? :D )Ha!

:DHa ha!!

Did Bill forbid him to take reinforcements, or was he just too arrogant? Or maybe if he had we would have ended up with a whole bunch of amnesiacs. It was stupid that Eric, apparently knowing how dangerous a necromancing coven could be, didn't just kill the head witch immediately rather than spending the time to drink her. We'll have to add that to the "Evil Overlord" list.

I had the idea that Lafayette is just way more powerful than your average witch--even the raising dead birds type.Well, the head witch apparently couldn't raise a goosebump without Lafayette's help :)

ronsch
07-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Someone in the previous thread had mentioned that this season was going way away from the books but the amnesiac Eric plays right into one of the books story lines.

fmowry
07-06-2011, 07:34 AM
I assumed the guys with guns were vampires. Why wouldn't they be?

Definitely humans. When they stormed the room, the Queen said "how dare you bring humans into our affairs" or something like that.

Lots of gratuitous boobies this episode. Not sure where the shifter story is going with the hot Mexindian shifter changing into her mother but she's good to look at.

No mention of the evil baby? Creeped me out.

I like Jason's character so I hope they don't screw him up making him a werepanther. That whole scene with "making a baby" and "why is he taking his clothes off" was great.

danterner
07-06-2011, 08:21 AM
I loved the evil baby, though I hope the show keeps it an open question. Wondering if the baby is evil versus whether it's all in Arlene's head is more entertaining than seeing an actually evil baby would be.

As far as Jason's plight goes: I'm not sure I understood the werepanther hillbilly logic (perhaps because there's no such thing) in needing to turn him into a werepanther prior to Crystal having sex with him. Didn't they say it was to ensure that the child they create would be a werepanther? But if they can turn Jason into a werepanther, why not just turn the baby once born, if necessary? I guess because she doesn't care about the bite hurting Jason, but would care about the bite hurting the baby. [Answering my own question].

Anubys
07-06-2011, 08:22 AM
is the baby evil or is it all in the mother's head?

Cearbhaill
07-06-2011, 09:00 AM
As far as Jason's plight goes: I'm not sure I understood the werepanther hillbilly logic (perhaps because there's no such thing) in needing to turn him into a werepanther prior to Crystal having sex with him. Didn't they say it was to ensure that the child they create would be a werepanther? But if they can turn Jason into a werepanther, why not just turn the baby once born, if necessary? I guess because she doesn't care about the bite hurting Jason, but would care about the bite hurting the baby. [Answering my own question].
If I am remembering correctly there is a distinct difference in the way werepanthers work depending on whether they are bitten or born.
Those bitten change into a manimal type panther- a human with panther like features. Only those born a werepanther have the ability to change into a "real" panther, which is clearly the preferred type.

stellie93
07-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I thought the idea was that only 2 real werepanthers could have a real werepanther baby. That was why they didn't want Krystal with Jason--it's her duty to make baby-were-panthers with one of the moron first cousin residents of Hot Shot. But that wouldn't explain why they're going to bite Jason--so maybe the rules have changed. Or maybe they're too stupid to remember their own rules--or maybe they just like biting people.....

Fleegle
07-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I was a little confused about what it takes to turn Jason into a werepanther. Why did buth crystal AND the other guy have to start chowing down on his innards?

Rob Helmerichs
07-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I was a little confused about what it takes to turn Jason into a werepanther. Why did buth crystal AND the other guy have to start chowing down on his innards?
They don't have to. It's just more fun that way. :D

voripteth
07-07-2011, 10:45 AM

:D

Lol! That is his normal accent. He's a Brit!

zordude
07-07-2011, 11:35 AM

Which is what the big smiley was for :p

Magnolia88
07-07-2011, 08:06 PM
As far as Jason's plight goes: I'm not sure I understood the werepanther hillbilly logic (perhaps because there's no such thing)

Hah. I can't believe I am watching a show in which the "werepanther hillbilly logic" or lack thereof is a topic of discussion. :D

I vote all in her head. Arlene is just wackadoodle.

But like danterner, I sort of like the idea of leaving it an open question. That baby is so cute, I don't want to find out he's a serial killer in the making. :(

ronsch
07-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Hah. I can't believe I am watching a show in which the "werepanther hillbilly logic" or lack thereof is a topic of discussion. :D

I vote all in her head. Arlene is just wackadoodle.

But like danterner, I sort of like the idea of leaving it an open question. That baby is so cute, I don't want to find out he's a serial killer in the making. :(

It wasn't in her head that he tore the heads off all the dolls... :)

zordude
07-07-2011, 09:29 PM

Or broke the blood vessels in her eye

danterner
07-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Yes, but ultimately both of those are ambiguous. I just think it'll be more fun to see a string of ambiguous things, and Arlene's reaction to them as they keep happening, compared to an over-the-top definitive psychokiller baby moment.

phox_mulder
07-07-2011, 09:54 PM

But was it?

Maybe he's that good of an actor he came up with a fake British accent that could only be done by an ole southern boy.

hmmmmm?

phox

full_heart
07-08-2011, 08:10 AM
I thought the idea was that only 2 real werepanthers could have a real werepanther baby. That was why they didn't want Krystal with Jason--it's her duty to make baby-were-panthers with one of the moron first cousin residents of Hot Shot. But that wouldn't explain why they're going to bite Jason--so maybe the rules have changed. Or maybe they're too stupid to remember their own rules--or maybe they just like biting people.....

My thinking is that the leader of Hot Shot I can't remember his name does not know about them doing this. Her cousin doesn't want everyone to know he can't make a baby. I could be wrong. In the books the situation was a lot different. I don't want to spoil it in case anyone wants to and hasn't read the books.

heySkippy
07-08-2011, 08:43 AM
My thinking is that the leader of Hot Shot I can't remember his name does not know about them doing this.
Crystal's hubby (can't remember is name) shot Calvin in the head towards the end of last season.

Agatha Mystery
07-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Jason was bitten in the books, so it's not like the writers are pulling something out of their hats. You can be a born Were, or a bitten Were. Bitten weres don't fully change. They go into a half man/half creature sort of thing. Yes, the writers of the show have twisted the reason for Jason getting bitten slightly

As far as Eric losing his shirt - in the books he was naked. :)

busyba
07-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Jason was bitten in the books

:eek: That sounds painful!

:p

Magnolia88
07-08-2011, 11:53 AM

My brother mutilated my dolls. Afaik, he did not grow up to be a serial killer. :o

I don't know about the eye thing. That was weird. But I don't think the baby had anything to do with it, she just blames everything that happens on the baby.

full_heart
07-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Crystal's hubby (can't remember is name) shot Calvin in the head towards the end of last season.

Lol see's how much I pay attention to the non Eric parts of the show. I kept getting the books and the show confused when watching it. I think there's just to much space in between when they air each season.

Magnolia88
07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Lol see's how much I pay attention to the non Eric parts of the show.

There is a non-Eric part of the show? :confused:

Oh, right, the Jason scenes. :p

Crystal's husband and half-brother is named Felton.

full_heart
07-08-2011, 01:18 PM
There is a non-Eric part of the show? :confused:

Oh, right, the Jason scenes. :p

Crystal's husband and half-brother is named Felton.

I know right? Who pays attention to all the other talking. I really wish those other people would just be quiet and make it Jason and Eric hour. :D

Thank you for the names.

markz
07-08-2011, 01:42 PM

They are just werepanthers. There are two types of shapeshifters in this universe. Regular shapeshifters like Sam that can take any form, and weres that take the form of just one animal.

That whole scene with "making a baby" and "why is he taking his clothes off" was great.

Great line!

It's the baby. There is NOTHING in her head.

Freaky 3-way!

:eek: That sounds painful!

:p

On Bob & Tom this morning, they were talking about the running of the bulls in Spain. They said one guy got gored in the bull ring. One of them said "Where?" The other answered "In the bull ring." The first guys said "Ouch, that sounds painful!"

danterner
07-08-2011, 03:05 PM
There are two types of shapeshifters in this universe. Regular shapeshifters like Sam that can take any form, and weres that take the form of just one animal.

I might have misunderstood, but I think we learned in this episode that there are actually three types of shifters, not two:

1. Regular shapeshifters like Same that can take any form but not that of another human.
2. Weres that take the form of just one animal.
3. Skinwalkers, which are like shapeshifters except that they can also take the form of a human. To be a skinwalker involves the killing of a human. I think that's what the "anger management support group" girl was talking about, saying that she met the skinwalker requirements because her mother died in childbirth. The other shifters were very interested in her having taken on the form of her mother; that's something they can't do.

markz
07-08-2011, 03:09 PM
I might have misunderstood, but I think we learned in this episode that there are actually three types of shifters, not two:

1. Regular shapeshifters like Same that can take any form but not that of another human.
2. Weres that take the form of just one animal.
3. Skinwalkers, which are like shapeshifters except that they can also take the form of a human. To be a skinwalker involves the killing of a human. I think that's what the "anger management support group" girl was talking about, saying that she met the skinwalker requirements because her mother died in childbirth. The other shifters were very interested in her having taken on the form of her mother; that's something they can't do.

You may be right.

And if I remember correctly, this differs from the books. I don't think changing into human form was ever addressed.

Amnesia
07-10-2011, 06:48 PM
(...) I think we learned in this episode that there are actually three types of shifters, not two:

3. Skinwalkers, which are like shapeshifters except that they can also take the form of a human. To be a skinwalker involves the killing of a human. I think that's what the "anger management support group" girl was talking about.Well, she said that it's a Native American story told to her by her...grandfather?...in any case, AFAIK, there's no evidence that such things exist (separate from "normal" shapeshifters) Perhaps shifting into a human is simply more difficult and not indicative of a different type of "supe"