PDA

View Full Version : Law & Order CI - Series Finale

snowjay
06-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Well what did you think...

Goren has accepted the need to see a psych, he keeps his job and in the final moments you catch a glimpse that he and Eames have feelings for each other.

Beryl
06-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Well what did you think...

Goren has accepted the need to see a psych, he keeps his job and in the final moments you catch a glimpse that he and Eames have feelings for each other.

My opinion -- good riddance.

I used to love that show until they got all into their personal lives. I didn't like "Nicole" (the Aussie psycho who loved get into Bobbie's head) and I don't care about Goren's mental issues.

Rip the cases from the headlines, dramatize, and solve them. That is what we enjoyed from all of the L&O. If we wanted personal drama, we'd watch something else.

johns70
06-27-2011, 12:44 AM
I hate when cops TV shows get into the characters personal life and try to make the show into a soap opera.

The show FLASHPOINT is doing that now.
Boo Hoo... What's his name's wife told him he has to Decide - The Job !! or Her !!
On one hand - I can't believe he's so frickin' valuable at work, it's as if they can't live without him. He takes a day off, plans to go to the OB/GYN doctor with his wife and they call him back in to work. A few episodes later his wife is in labor and he can't leave work because they are having evaluations that day at work. WTF !! :rolleyes: On the other hand, she's your frickin' wife !! Tell your boss you're NOT coming in to work on your day off !! Deal with it !! Call some one else today !!

Maybe he'll choose work over his wife, get a divorce, it'll be on his mind all the time, he'll be distracted at work all the time, then they'll fire him due to him not being able to concentrate on his work.

Cainebj
06-27-2011, 02:41 PM
All I could think was -

they got them to come back for that?

a final series that was boring and uneventful and poorly written culminating in a lame stinky episode based on The Social Network?

I hope Kathryn Erbe got lots of money cos' Eames had almost nothing to do for this "final" series arc and finale.

disappointing.

MNoelH
06-27-2011, 06:03 PM
I hate when cops TV shows get into the characters personal life and try to make the show into a soap opera.

The show FLASHPOINT is doing that now.
Boo Hoo... What's his name's wife told him he has to Decide - The Job !! or Her !!
On one hand - I can't believe he's so frickin' valuable at work, it's as if they can't live without him. He takes a day off, plans to go to the OB/GYN doctor with his wife and they call him back in to work. A few episodes later his wife is in labor and he can't leave work because they are having evaluations that day at work. WTF !! :rolleyes: On the other hand, she's your frickin' wife !! Tell your boss you're NOT coming in to work on your day off !! Deal with it !! Call some one else today !!

Maybe he'll choose work over his wife, get a divorce, it'll be on his mind all the time, he'll be distracted at work all the time, then they'll fire him due to him not being able to concentrate on his work.

Glad I don't watch that show so your spoiler won't affect me.

Do you realize that you said almost nothing about the show being discussed in this thread? I always liked these characters and I'm glad they brought them back to say goodbye. I didn't get that there was a flash of anything romantic between Goren and Eames. I thought it was just happiness.

I also thought the psychiatrist was trying to move Goren to someone else (possibly so she could date him?) but he thought she was more valuable as his therapist.

Not sure about either scenario, but I'm sad to see the show end.

dianebrat
06-27-2011, 06:29 PM
I have to say I did enjoy this last little gasp of L&O:CI but I thought it was so weird to have them come back after what was pretty much going to be a series end last year with Jeff Goldblum, I was sure he was solo last year because D'onofrio didn't want to come back.

I like the character-based drama and it's why I watch, so to those saying they don't like it, sorry, different strokes and all.

Beryl
06-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I always liked these characters and I'm glad they brought them back to say goodbye. I didn't get that there was a flash of anything romantic between Goren and Eames. I thought it was just happiness.

I agree with this.

I liked these 2 characters but just tired of the therapy sessions. My TiVo came in handy because I would skip through that part. I loved how Goren knew everything no matter how archaic. Whenever he sniffed evidence, he reminded me of his 'bug character in 'Men In Black' . Tiny Det. Eames was great as the tougher and often unsympathetic of the two. I hope they make a few L&O:CI 2-hour specials w/o the therapist.