PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Room mini-series: Only $8.21 on Amazon

Thom
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
If you like shows with a scifi/mystery/twilight-zone vibe, I recommend you get The Lost Room mini-series DVD set from Amazon. A solid 4 hours 45 minutes of entertainment for $8.21 (current reduced price).

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Room-Mini--Peter-Krause/dp/B000MMMTD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307476458&sr=8-1

If nothing else, it makes a cheap-but-good gift.

rorrim
06-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I'll second the recommendation. I enjoyed it when it was originally on and just bought it now to watch it again. This was one of the Sci-Fi (pre SyFy) Channel's best efforts.

ct1
06-07-2011, 04:46 PM
I enjoyed it and just put in in my Netflix queue to watch again.

appleye1
06-07-2011, 06:14 PM
I just watched it too. Excellent mini-series. Two thumbs up from me!

I'd love to see a sequel.

dianebrat
06-07-2011, 07:31 PM
heck I'll give it :up::up::up: just to pile on, I LOVED it,

Marc
06-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks, Thom! I love this mini-series and will be quite glad to have it.

retrodog
06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Good show. Very interesting.

tiassa
06-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I liked it as well, I'm guessing it was a "back door pilot" that didn't get picked up (which is why it ended the way it did). It could have been an interesting weekly series (kinda like Warehouse 13), but might have devolved into "item of the week" pretty quickly.

scooterboy
06-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I liked it a lot and definitely would have given a full-blown series a try.

I still not gonna enjoy myself with this mini series.

:confused:

Then....don't watch it?

Edit to add: after looking at other "contributions" from this poster, I expect spam in 3...2...1....

appleye1
06-08-2011, 11:07 AM
I liked it as well, I'm guessing it was a "back door pilot" that didn't get picked up (which is why it ended the way it did). It could have been an interesting weekly series (kinda like Warehouse 13), but might have devolved into "item of the week" pretty quickly.That's what I would fear as well. But if they were to do another mini-series, or even a movie that would be good, as long as they kept up the production values of the original (including the quality of the actors.) That would be what separates this show from the usual SyFy dreck.

ct1
06-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Vaguely reminds me of Fred Saberhagen Swords books. Various swords have special abilities (good and bad) with an intricate story built around the impact of those abilities on the world.

(I'd also love to see a mini-series around those...)

dianebrat
06-08-2011, 07:16 PM
I liked it as well, I'm guessing it was a "back door pilot" that didn't get picked up (which is why it ended the way it did). It could have been an interesting weekly series (kinda like Warehouse 13), but might have devolved into "item of the week" pretty quickly.

That's what I would fear as well. But if they were to do another mini-series, or even a movie that would be good, as long as they kept up the production values of the original (including the quality of the actors.) That would be what separates this show from the usual SyFy dreck.
There's a thread somewhere on the interwebs about just that. They had toyed with the idea of a Lost Room series after the mini-series was done, but couldn't make it work, those discussions and concepts morphed in to Warehouse 13.

tivogurl
06-09-2011, 12:30 PM
They had toyed with the idea of a Lost Room series after the mini-series was done, but couldn't make it work, those discussions and concepts morphed in to Warehouse 13.
I bet it was more like "couldn't hire the actors". I doubt Sci-Fi could satisfy their salary demands, even if they could solve scheduling problems.

The backstory of Lost Room is more compelling than Warehouse 13, and any pretense that W13 would be anything other than an "item of the week" show has pretty much been dropped. In any case Sci-Fi went the comedy route with Eureka and W13 which would have nixed Lost Room as not being congruent with the network's direction.

jerrymc
06-10-2011, 04:16 PM
SyFy network has a direction? Since when? :/