PDA

View Full Version : Apps & Games

mikerr
02-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Apps

iPlayer - although we get 7 day catchup in the normal EPG and menus - the app has more iPlayer content.
and iplayer doesn't use a tuner unlike catchup/on demand.

To FF/RW you have to highlight the bar, and use the arrows - not very intuitive !
[edit]now uses standard TiVo play/FF controls

Youtube - which works really well and is also integrated into the tivo menus in various places (e.g. every tv programme has a link to do a youtube search on the title name)

Ebay - not too bad, but painfully slow - was able to do a search and find ebay prices of tivos(!) though:
video

Twitter - ouch - really need a qwerty keyboard for that - and its hopefully a very early version - writing even a short tweet was painful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pmRBJTypyU
This would have been much better with the standard TiVo ouji board keyboard entry

Weather - Works well enough for what it does - displays weather/tempeartures of a few preset locations

Celebrity - Some "gossip" news headlines - would be much better as a general news app IMO

Photo Gallery - View pictures and photos from your own facebook, flickr and picasa online accounts,
as well as random "featured" photos on a "wall"

Games

Millionaire - which does work very well - we spent best part of an hour playing that earlier on!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idSB_1yfD0g

John McE
02-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Millionaire is very well implemented - but they need to considerably increase the pool of questions - after a handful of games questions were being repeater (still I guess that's one way to win the 1,000,000!

daz100
02-20-2011, 11:29 AM
If I log on to my YouTube account I can see my favourite videos but not my playlists. Anyone have the same problem or any ideas how to fix it?

jonphil
02-20-2011, 11:42 AM
If I log on to my YouTube account I can see my favourite videos but not my playlists. Anyone have the same problem or any ideas how to fix it?

Take a look at this http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=465138

I can't even get favourites to appear. The only things that show are what's added on Tivo itself.

qwiki
02-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Millionaire is very well implemented - but they need to considerably increase the pool of questions - after a handful of games questions were being repeater (still I guess that's one way to win the 1,000,000!

Not had a repeated question yet, but during a playing session it paused for a while as it "downloaded new questions".

geekspeak
02-27-2011, 06:18 PM

You need to 'edit' each playlist in youtube.com and ensure they all have a description and a tag. When ALL playlists have these they should appear in Tivo. No need to logout. No guarantees.

mikerr
03-02-2011, 05:48 AM
iPlayer App has just gone live too - although we get 7 day catchup in the normal EPG and menus - the app has more iPlayer content.

mikerr
04-08-2011, 03:48 AM
The iPlayer app has been updated to use the standard TiVo controls for play,pause FF & RW :up::up:

brightonjohn
04-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Good - uses either controls in fact but much better that it does.:up:

I just wish the sound level wasn't so amazingly, deafening different to the tv sound!:down:

mikerr
06-02-2011, 02:27 PM
A new app just added:

Photo Gallery - View pictures and photos from your own facebook, flickr and picasa online accounts,
as well as random "featured" photos on a "photo wall"

It shows a photo wall of your pictures - a randomly selected 5x7 grid of 35 pictures from your selected flickr, facebook and picasa accounts. From there you can choose one to show full screen, or a slideshow.

You can't browse your pictures page by page - it's a random selection of 35 tiled at a time on the wall,
with a refresh button to choose another random 35...

Only a single flickr account can be used/authorised - I'd prefer to be able choose & flip between a few family member's accounts. That would make it much more useful.

If you don't select any of your personal accounts, it shows a selection of public images instead.

Also - text entry is again phone text style like the twitter app ( 1 - ABC 5-JKL) instead of the tivo ouji board.

Remember to goto http://www.virginmedia.com/mytivoapps/ to authorize those web accounts to your TiVo