PDA

View Full Version : Wait. I don't get it! Upgrade Program Q...

oViTynoT
03-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Ok, I don't get it.

This is the Upgrade offer I get...
Product Lifetime service will be applied to your existing DVR
TiVo service details:
Includes Multi-Service Discount
$299.00

So, for that $299, does that mean both my CURRENT S3 and my NEW XL will have lifetime service? I guess I'm just dense, but I thought at first that that $299 charge would be for the PREMIERE lifetime, and my CURRENT S3 would stay at its current Month-to-Month price??

classicsat
03-04-2010, 09:14 AM
If you have only one TiVo or your primary TiVo, which is on other than a PL plan, your only option for PL on the Premier (and only for that particular unit) would be the $299 MSD rate. Your existing TiVo will not change its service.

oViTynoT
03-05-2010, 10:23 AM
So, even though it says "Product Lifetime will be applied to your EXISTING," that's not correct?

MirclMax
03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I went through the website and the only way I saw to get it to say "Product Lifetime service will be applied to your existing DVR" .. was to select the upgrade offer via a TiVo that was currently not on lifetime ..

Your existing plan (monthly) can then be transferred to the Premiere that you are ordering .. the site then asks you if you want to keep your existing box in service, and offers you Lifetime for $299 ..

So, given that scenario (if that's the steps you went through) ... your old box would get lifetime as the message says, but your existing plan would be what the new box would be operating off of.