PDA

View Full Version : Meta file help needed

tg18
10-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I have read several of the posts that cover meta files and creating folders on the NPL, after looking around I'm more confused. I'm sorry if this is a duplication of any other post.

I would like to add movie/TV ratings to movies I have already transfered to my NPL. I would also like to put these movies in separate folders if possible like horror and action.

Thanks for any help

windracer
10-24-2009, 01:41 PM
You can't add this information to shows that are already on your TiVo, you'd have to transfer them again. Take a look at pyTivo and MetaGenerator for the first steps towards what you're trying to do.

tg18
10-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Pytivo is up and running, I installed metagenerator, but it would not run. My guess is it needs to be in a specific directory but I'm not sure which one. Any good instructions out there for installing?

Thanks in advance for any help!:)

dlfl
10-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Pytivo is up and running, I installed metagenerator, but it would not run. My guess is it needs to be in a specific directory but I'm not sure which one. Any good instructions out there for installing?

Thanks in advance for any help!:)
What happens when you try to run it?

Check in Control Panel ... Add/Remove Programs

Is Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 there? Metagenerator needs this installed in order to run. If you need to install it, browse here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5b2c0358-915b-4eb5-9b1d-10e506da9d0f&displaylang=en) and download and install following provided instructions.

tg18
10-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Is there a way to add a movie data base to metagenerator?

dlfl
10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Is there a way to add a movie data base to metagenerator?
You should already have NetFlix ,TheMovieDB and IVA, although I'm not sure what IVA is or whether it actually works.

What data base did you wish to add? It will require a program modification. It would probably be better to post on the metagenerator thread of the pyTivo forum (http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/metagenerator-version-2-beta-t555.html) for this.

tg18
10-27-2009, 10:45 PM
I was thinking about Amazon, they have movies tv and music. I'll post a new question in the correct group.

tg18
04-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know why my pushed video shows as a copy protected video on my tivo? The video is not copy protected, but if it was pushed that is how it shows up. Any help is great.

Now running pytivo on a mac, but this has been going on since day one with my PC.

moyekj
04-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Does anyone know why my pushed video shows as a copy protected video on my tivo? The video is not copy protected, but if it was pushed that is how it shows up. Any help is great.

Now running pytivo on a mac, but this has been going on since day one with my PC. Anything pushed to your TiVos via mind.tivo.com server end up as copy protected (it's the case with TiVo Desktop auto transfers as well). If you don't want that then you have to use the pull method instead (i.e. initiate transfers from your TiVo).

tg18
04-26-2010, 11:01 AM
OK, then if I pull will my videos still go into the folders I have created?

Thanks for the help!