PDA

View Full Version : Tivo To Go problem -- audio out of sync with video

True Colors
10-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Hello there. I am trying to use the Tivo To Go program to transfer content from my series 2 TIVO(model # TCD 649180).

I did one file and it came out very poor. The audio and video do not synchronize at all(the audio is about 5 seconds ahead of the video). Anyone know how to correct this?

Also, when I play back the file there is a blurry line at the top. I searched this forum and found out that this is a "VBI line." I found some information on that but no solution there yet either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Especially if it involves something other than me purchasing new software :)

TC

ggieseke
10-23-2009, 07:35 AM
It's probably a codec problem. Check out the 'sticky' at the top of this forum and let me know if it helps.

I find that the easiest way around the VBI problem is to just buy the Desktop Plus upgrade. The MainConcept codecs that it unlocks are set up to crop the first four lines automatically.

True Colors
10-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks GG. I read the sticky you suggested. Still have a couple of questions though.

Do you think that the Desktop plus upgrade could resolve both my audio and video problems?

Should I go Desktop plus.......

OR should I install your Tivo Desktop Codec Manager)

OR should I go with VideoRedo

OR should I implement some combination of these things?

By the way...... in case you need to know I am running Windows XP 32 bit

Thanks,

TC

ggieseke
10-23-2009, 01:09 PM
TDCM will let you try the codecs that are already installed on your PC to see if you can find a combination that works for you. It won't install anything new - it just lets you manage what's already there.

If you have to buy something I usually recommend the Plus upgrade but that's up to you. There are "free" codecs like K-Lite that may work but I don't have any real experience with them.

orangeboy
10-23-2009, 01:35 PM
...If you have to buy something I usually recommend the Plus upgrade but that's up to you. There are "free" codecs like K-Lite that may work but I don't have any real experience with them.

AVG found an infection in my K-Lite download: Trojan horse PSW.Banker5.ZOY. I'm not saying all codec packs are dangerous, just be aware!