PDA

View Full Version : Streambaby Java error

userdoba
09-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I have been running Streambaby successfully until I installed Vuze, a program for downloading TV shows. During the installation process, it required the installation of Java. I had previously uninstalled Java because it was too much of a memory hog. After downloading a movie using Vuze, I copied the file to the same folder I was using for streambaby, but when I executed streambaby.bat, the following message appeared: "java" is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. Exited. Press any key to continue. I uninstalled Vuze and restored my PC back to the point where I had uninstalled Java, but I can't get rid of the error. Please tell me what I must do to fix this problem.
Thank you,
userdoba

westside_guy
09-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Streambaby is a java application - so while you may have thought you'd previously uninstalled java, that can't have been the case if streambaby was working for you.

Try downloading the latest java installer from Sun and try again.

I'd guess that the Vuze installer must've co-opted your already-installed version of java and removed it.

userdoba
09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the instructions westside_guy. Just as you said, re-installing Java solved my problem.
userdoba