PDA

View Full Version : Can I share photos from my home PC to another home TiVo?

dmk1974
07-31-2009, 12:05 AM
I have 3 TiVo's in my house all connected to the network so I can share photos and music from my PC.

I just bought my in-laws a TiVo (SD-H400 with Lifetime Plus) and it is currently on my account. When I set it up at their house and connect it to their router for the channel guide updates, is there also a way for them to view the photos from my PC at my house over the internet and on the TiVo? They'd love to see updated pics of their grandkids. Thanks!

ThAbtO
07-31-2009, 01:44 AM
You can do photos and music sharing on your own home network using Tivo Desktop, but it cannot go beyond the router. An alternative is to use Google's Picasa or photobucket, which is also on the Tivo, for photos from outside of your network.

This mainly should work on stand alone Tivos, not D-Tivos.

wmcbrine
07-31-2009, 02:23 AM
Yeah, Google or Picasa is probably the easiest way. However, it is also possible to connect directly. TiVo Desktop may only accept connections from within the LAN, but pyTivo doesn't have that problem. What you'd have to do is:

Add "beacon: listen" to the Server section of pyTivo.conf.
Forward ports 2190 and 9032 from your router to the machine running pyTivo.
On your parents' TiVo, select "Manually add a server..." and enter your public IP address.