PDA

View Full Version : Cannot see files in "Now Playing" on my TIVO

bpcon
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I am running TIVO Desktop 2.7 upgraded from 2.62 last month when it first started happening. I have 3 TIVOS. 2 DT and 1 regular single tuner. They can all see each other just fine. When I open the TIVO Desktop application I can see all 3 TIVOS and all the files on them. When I go to the Now Playing list on either of the TIVOS it says that my PC has no recordings. I keep 10 or so files in there at a time. They are a mixture of .tivo and .mpg files. I found out the hard way that when there are too many files in the folder on my PC they will not load. These same 10 files showed up and were able to be loaded to my TIVOs just fine 6 weeks ago.

This was working just fine until the middle of March then it just stopped. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2.62. When I did that it would not recognize the IPs for either DVR. I finally just upgraded to 2.7 and the PC and DVRs see each other again. I just can't get the Now Playing list to populate. I am running Windows XP on a wireless Linksys network. I just purchased the key for TIVO Desktop Plus in February, but I don't seem to be able to get my money's worth. If this feature doesn't work or has so many bugs equated with it, why does TIVO push it as a viable viewing option?:mad: This is all quite frustrating.

BTW, they each connect to TIVO daily and are all on version 9.3.2a-01-2-649. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

scandia101
04-19-2009, 04:17 PM
It sounds like your transferred recordings could be directed to a different folder for some reason. If you transfer a new recording from a Tivo to the PC, does that show get displayed when you choose your PC from a Tivo's NPL? Is it in the same folder as the existing transferred recordings?

mgemmons
04-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I have the exact same problem. On my tivo the "Now playing on <my computer name>" list is always empty. In tivo desktop I've tried only putting a few videos, all my videos, only one type of video...all to no avail. If I choose a video folder and choose to have it push x number of videos to the tivo that works fine, so the two devices can obviously communicate with each other.

Very, very frustrated.
:mad:

chakk
04-24-2009, 11:26 PM
A lot of people are reporting problems with Tivo Desktop version 2.7 over on the Tivo-hosted support forums. You might want to check their thread at forums.tivo.com/pe/action/forums/displaythread?rootPostID=10424257

to see if it might solve your problem. You may not need to go back to Tivo Desktop software 2.6.2 if you first try the cleanups that are described on how to clean up the cache, as described by one of the posters there, as follows:

Try the instructions for manually clearing the cache under "Details Unavailable" at support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/196, but delete TransferQueue and wspc.xml in addition to Cookies and the Cache folder.