PDA

View Full Version : Warranty question

ned4spd8874
04-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Okay, I'm really confused now. I talked to TiVo and they said that they do NOT offer any type of warranty on the units if they are bought from a store. They ONLY offer warranty if you buy it from them. But I'm looking at their web site and it looks like they do...but when I mentioned this page to the rep., she just incinerated that it's only if the unit is bought from them.

Is that really true? I have a hard time believing they won't warranty their products bought at a retail store.

Ugg...I can't post the link to the warranty page, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

pdhenry
04-18-2009, 10:13 AM
The TiVo rep was misinformed.

TiVo® DVR limited warranty (http://www.tivo.com/buytivo/dvrlimitedwarranty.html)

ned4spd8874
04-18-2009, 11:26 AM
The TiVo rep was misinformed.

Yeah, that was the page I tried to link to before. I brought that up to the rep. and she was insistant that it's only if I bought it from them. I asked her point blank "so TiVo does NOT offer any type of warranty of units bought at a retail store" and she said "no".

I didn't think that was correct. I've never heard of a major company NOT offering any type of warranty on their products before. I thought she was wrong. Thanks again!