PDA

View Full Version : HD dish suggestions

marklyn
03-28-2009, 11:23 AM
I currently have 3 series 2 receivers and I'm planning on upgrading one of them (living room) to a high definition receiver. I also have the standard dish on my roof and I'd like to replace it first before I upgrade my receiver to HD (and purchase a HD TV).
So, here are my questions...
1) Can I replace my current dish with a HD dish and am I assuming correctly that my current receivers will work fine with the new dish?
2) Recommendations for a HD receiver that has multi-room viewing capability (similar to my zippered series 2 receivers), is there something out there that I can mod for this?
3) regarding a HD dish upgrade, do the HD dishes have better signal reception, or is one better than another in this area?

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas. My plan is to upgrade the dish first and while I'm researching a HD TV, I can look at purchasing a HD receiver in the meantime.

JimSpence
03-28-2009, 02:12 PM
My suggestion would be the Slimline 3 dish. It has LNBs for 99, 101, and 103. Unless you need the 110 and 119 sats (I doubt you do since you currently have the round dual output LNB dish, right?). Because you have older receivers, the SWM dish isn't an option as it doesn't support your receivers.

But, why not research the TV and then get a deal from DirecTV for the dish and HD DVR?

marklyn
03-28-2009, 02:27 PM
My suggestion would be the Slimline 3 dish. It has LNBs for 99, 101, and 103. Unless you need the 110 and 119 sats (I doubt you do since you currently have the round dual output LNB dish, right?). Because you have older receivers, the SWM dish isn't an option as it doesn't support your receivers.

But, why not research the TV and then get a deal from DirecTV for the dish and HD DVR?

I have the 18" round dish now but remember that I do intend to upgrade at least one of my receivers to HD in a couple of months or so. Would you still recommend the slimline? Is is smaller than my current dish?