PDA

View Full Version : TivoHD Randomly Deletes

jglass38
03-24-2009, 06:02 PM
I have a problem with one of my two Tivos. In the past few weeks it has begun to randomly delete shows. These shows are in the Now Playing List. It doesn't seem to touch anything in Tivo Suggestions. I just went to the list and everything is gone and in Recently Deleted. I recovered one of the programs and told it to keep the original date and a few minutes later it was gone again. Both my Tivos are running 11.0b-01-2-652 and all settings are the same on both. I have rebooted it already. Any thoughts on what might be going wrong with this one? Thanks in advance.

Jamie

bkdtv
03-24-2009, 06:07 PM
What are you using -- basic cable, OTA, or digital cable with CableCards?

Are any of your scheduled recordings as "keep until I delete" ? If you use "keep until I delete," the TiVo reserves space in advance for those shows, so all other recordings on your DVR get deleted much faster (especially on a stock TivoHD with 21 HD hours).

jglass38
03-24-2009, 06:08 PM
What are you using -- basic cable, OTA, or digital cable with CableCards?

Are any of your scheduled recordings as "keep until I delete" ?

I use digital w/ cards. None of my scheduled recordings are keep until I delete. I never had to do that because I watch stuff within a few days so I never even come close to filling it.

bkdtv
03-24-2009, 06:10 PM
I use digital w/ cards. None of my scheduled recordings are keep until I delete. I never had to do that because I watch stuff within a few days so I never even come close to filling it.Are you certain no one is messing with you, either directly when you aren't watching, or remotely with a Slingbox or HAVA you may have connected?

I don't suppose you have have another TiVo remote that could be lying under a couch somewhere, with the CLEAR button depressed?

If you have your TiVos in the same room, I assume you set them to use different remote codes, so the use of the CLEAR button on one TiVo doesn't delete the recordings from the other?

jglass38
03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Definitely sure. The only other person in the house is my girlfriend and she wasn't around just now when it happened. I don't use a Slingbox or anything like it.

ThAbtO
03-24-2009, 06:42 PM
You realize that the THD original drive only can store 20 hrs recorded from digital channels, analog channel recordings will hold more

djwilso
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
I have a problem with one of my two Tivos. In the past few weeks it has begun to randomly delete shows. These shows are in the Now Playing List. It doesn't seem to touch anything in Tivo Suggestions. I just went to the list and everything is gone and in Recently Deleted. I recovered one of the programs and told it to keep the original date and a few minutes later it was gone again. Both my Tivos are running 11.0b-01-2-652 and all settings are the same on both. I have rebooted it already. Any thoughts on what might be going wrong with this one? Thanks in advance.

JamieDid you take a look in the To Do list's Recording History to see if it says in there why the shows are getting deleted?

Just curious.

scandia101
03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
You realize that the THD original drive only can store 20 hrs recorded from digital channels, analog channel recordings will hold more

It can record about 20 hours of HD content. Non-HD digital recordings are generally much closer in size to a medium quality analog recording, but that can vary a lot.

JYoung
03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Also check your Season Pass settings, in particular the Keep Number of Episodes setting.
Make sure you're not against that limit.