PDA

View Full Version : Error Connecting to Netflix. Please try again later.

eribac
03-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Hello -

New Tivo user here, and so far have been pretty happy with it. Much better than the Comcast DVR I have been using for the last four years.

One of the features that put me over the fence on whether or not to buy the Tivo is the Netflix streaming that I am now having an issue with.

Last Saturday night I watched two episodes of Deadly Catch with my boys without a problem. Sunday night we were watching a third episode and about half way threw the stream stopped then I got this error:

Error Connecting to Netflix. Please try again later.

Trying to reconnect to the episode, or any other Netlifx stream resulted in the same error. Thinking it was a problem on Netflix side of things I gave up for the night, believing that it would fix itself.

Last night (Monday) I checked to see if the Netflix streaming was working again, and I saw the same error:

Error Connecting to Netflix. Please try again later.

Any ideas?

Thanks

eribac
03-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Had the same problem again last night and I noticed that the TiVo was recording two shows at the time, so both of its tuners were being used. A little later in the evening, the Netflix stream started working again and this time only one tuner was recoding.

Does the Netflix stream, or any other Video on Demand stream, need to us a tuner? I would have thought that you could download/stream independently of the tuners....

Just_Chris
04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
bump

It's happening to me right now.

Just_Chris
04-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Had two shows recording and getting the error. Stopped one of the shows and tried again, same error.

I know it's talking to Netflix because it's showing our queue. Also connected to Tivo without error over the network.

CUfuzzy
04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
I've gotten that error on my 360 once or twice, but not in months. Haven't had the problem on my new TiVo at all. When it happened on my 360 I believe it was a server issue because I got the same error on my PC and it fixed itself within an hour.

Do you have a PC set up to stream netflix? Are you able to stream from the PC at the same time you're getting the error on the TiVo?

Just_Chris
04-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I went home at lunch and everything worked as it should. I'm going to use this as an opportunity to make my wife believe it's just her and there really wasn't anything wrong.

dmk1974
04-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I just signed up for Netflix with the primary intent to stream shows/movies to my S3 TiVo. I too keep getting that error. The first day (Saturday) I had no issues. But I'd say 1 out of 20 times lately I am successful watching something. The strange thing is, I have never had any hiccups on 2 laptops nor 1 PC (which are all wifi on my network). The S3 with the issue is connected via ethernet directly to my router. Are there any easy fixes for this? I have tried the connect to TiVo service and rebooting the TiVo box. Thanks!

djbrownnj
08-13-2009, 07:15 PM
I have a hard wired network in my home. I have no issues watching programs over my network on my iMac. I get this error message 80% of the time. It seems to happen more frequently on multi-episode TV shows than it does on individual movie selections - this is NOT to say that it doesn't happen on movies as well. Signal looks great full bars and HD showing while fetching the program. I have this issue on my Tivo S3 and brand new Tivo HD. HELP??

vcuoco
09-18-2009, 11:08 PM
I find that it happens mostly with episodes or with excessively long movies. once I've had a problem with a show, it rarely ever becomes viewable again. This is extremely irritating. We're paying for three separate services here that aren't playing nice. I agree with previous... HELP!!!!!