PDA

View Full Version : humax, tivo, comcast will not change channels

sims
03-11-2009, 04:20 PM
This is the setup... Humax TiVo Series2 T800 DVR , motorola cable box and of course tivo service. IR blaster is installed between humax and Comcast Motorola box. ....Here is the Problem: When we program recording on say channel 3 for 6:30 pm and then channel 55 at 7:00 pm it will not change to channel 55..it will continue to record the next half an hour of channel 3. It has been going on for a while..I have used the channel changing setup and successfully navigated thru and then immediately set up a preprogrammed live recording scenario and have watched it change..but later it stops working again..I have also rebooted the humax and gone thru setup again..The Ir blaster has not been moved and like I said works correctedly during the changing channel setup....
I started having a few non consecutive problems with the programing when that motorola box was installed during a Comcast feature upgrade..I viewed other solutions and was wondering one solution as suggested might be to remove the Motorola box. I have contacted Comcast they are of little help. One comcast agent suggested "off the record" to just remove the motorola box and leave Humax in series with the comcast coaxial service and our Sony tv.
My biggest problem if it is a humax hardware problem is that the tivo lifetime subscription process lives with the serial number on the box. If I have to replace humax dvr I lose the lifetime subscription..has anyone figured out a way around this...any help will be appreciated..
stephen