PDA

View Full Version : TiVo HD has no program data for digital OTA channels

chlorox
01-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I was running a hybrid Antenna/Cox Cable setup where I'd tune the digital OTA networks for their HD content and use the cable company's crappy analog signal for the rest of my viewing. A couple of days ago, I ditched the cable company altogether as most of our viewing is the networks.

After repeating guided setup, the TiVo did a channel scan and showed all of my ANALOG OTA stations.... I went back into channel line up and unchecked the analogs and checked the digital OTA stations (5-1, 9-1, 20-1 etc) I forced a call to get the guided data over 24 hours ago. I still see "to be announced" for ALL my stations.

The messed up part is, when I was running in hybrid mode, I had guided data for these stations. It seems when I went "antenna only" TiVo thought I meant NTSC analog only.

How can I force it to recognize the stations it previously knew?

gastrof
01-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Try this...

It'll be a pain, but may be a stopgap.

Re-do Guided Setup, putting things back the way they were before.

Check out the TiVo. If it's now getting the listings you want, then go into "Channels I receive" and uncheck all the cable channels.

You should still have your OTAs, digital and analog.

By the way...

Is it possible you haven't waited long enough for the TiVo to finish sorting thru the data it downloaded as part of its now "OTA only" configuration?

kb7oeb
01-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Do the channels show up with a * in the Channel List editor? If so that means your tivo found them during a scan and they did not come from Tivo listings.

Double check you have the correct zip code entered and if you do you could file a lineup report with Tivo or try a zip code closer to the tv stations.

I would avoid using the antenna + cable lineup if you can, I've found things like searches run faster presumably because there is less data to sift through.

rdlm
01-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Is your issue that you can't get any schedule info for the digital OTA channels (5-1, 9-1, etc)? If so, then I believe the issue is simple: Tivo does not currently support schedule info for these.

For lots of reading on the subject, see this thread:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=362736

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding your question? You said you used to get the schedule info for these channels, but I am guessing they were mapped to other Cable channels, and not the same as the OTA channels?

TolloNodre
01-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Is your issue that you can't get any schedule info for the digital OTA channels (5-1, 9-1, etc)? If so, then I believe the issue is simple: Tivo does not currently support schedule info for these.

For lots of reading on the subject, see this thread:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=362736

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding your question? You said you used to get the schedule info for these channels, but I am guessing they were mapped to other Cable channels, and not the same as the OTA channels?

That's incorrect. TiVo supports schedule information for OTA digital channels.

The posting you gave refers to cable companies sending local signals over the cable in 'clear QAM' and the mapping issues ensuing since TiVo doesn't support clear QAM.