PDA

View Full Version : TIVO Desktop -Change folder location?

Steve 722
12-29-2008, 10:28 PM
I have added a second hard drive to my computer for media. I have copied “My TIVO Recording” directory to the new drive. How do I redirect the TIVO Desktop to the new location instead of the original location on C:. I am not using “Plus” I guess I could uninstall then reinstall, hoping something easier.
Thanks

Southcross
12-29-2008, 10:52 PM
From within TiVo desktop:
File >> Preferences

its the first option tab you see ;)

dcehl
12-07-2009, 12:18 PM
um, yeah thanks southcross. :(

I've tried that and it won't let me use any location outside my computer (ie: server).

Anyone know if there is a way to access a registry or config file?

windracer
12-07-2009, 12:39 PM
You replied to a post that's almost a year old and the OP was asking about changing to an internal drive, not external.

If you want to use a folder located on a server, you need to map a drive to the share and use that. You can't (to my knowledge) use UNC paths.

orangeboy
12-07-2009, 01:16 PM
You replied to a post that's almost a year old and the OP was asking about changing to an internal drive, not external.

If you want to use a folder located on a server, you need to map a drive to the share and use that. You can't (to my knowledge) use UNC paths.

I don't think it will allow you to even select a mapped drive. I may be confusing this with "Published" folders. With those, I believe there is a registry hack that allows any type of networked drive.

windracer
12-07-2009, 02:34 PM
It's been a while since I messed with TiVo Desktop, so yeah, I could be wrong. Sorry. :o

dcehl
12-07-2009, 03:19 PM
thanks for the replies everyone!

Yes, with a mapped drive (shared) I can map "published" tivo but not choose to locate where to store transferred shows (say to mapped & shared M: on server).

Thanks again for the help.

CuriousMark
12-07-2009, 06:07 PM
um, yeah thanks southcross. :(

I've tried that and it won't let me use any location outside my computer (ie: server).

Anyone know if there is a way to access a registry or config file?

Take a look at this thread (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=300764) and try the registry hack listed there.

dcehl
12-09-2009, 02:38 PM
thanks CuriousMark!

looks like I'll be tinkering once again tonight!