PDA

View Full Version : Choosing "Video on Demand" leads to "please wait" then back to TC

aine
12-26-2008, 10:50 AM
I just set up my new TiVo HD. I have two Series2 boxes already, so I am not new to TiVo, just to TiVo HD.

My problem: I clicked "Video on Demand" on my TiVo HD, and I get a gray screen with "Please Wait..." for about two seconds. Then it goes straight back to TiVo Central.

I am running version 11 of the software. I can test the network connection, and connect to the TiVo service manually, and this all works. Other things like Swivel Search work fine also. Just that I cannot access anything under "Video On Demand".

On my old Series2 boxes, on the same network, Video on Demand works fine of course.

What is the remedy for this problem?

aine
12-26-2008, 10:52 AM
On my tivo.com account, the boxes for "Allow transfers" and "Enable video downloads" are both checked.

alansh
12-26-2008, 11:51 AM
This generally means the VOD application on the TiVo is crashing. Have you tried restarting the TiVo?

Robin
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm having the same problem. New TiVoHD, not new to TiVo.

Clicking on VOD goes to "please wait" and then back to TC.

I checked my account online and "enable video downloads" is enabled.

I've restarted the TiVo and am still having the problem.

Thoughts?

stevewjackson
02-04-2009, 02:02 PM
I've encountered something similar on a couple occasions. When restarting didn't resolve it, I found that re-entering my network settings did.

Robin
02-05-2009, 08:21 AM
It came around spontaneously. :shrug:

nesbitttivo
02-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know someone at Tivo that is part of the engineer or testing team? Can someone find out if this is a know issue or bug that the plan to fix in new software release?

jgaermom
02-20-2009, 11:33 PM
I just called Tivo support for this problem. They said video downloads is down.

Ben_Jamin75
02-21-2009, 12:00 AM
For a new box it can take a day or two before video on demand works, even if it has v11 right away.

jakerome
06-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Having the same problem on my 3 year old TiVo Series 3. Did basic troubleshooting (connect to TiVo, reboot TiVo) and having the same problem still. Any suggestions?