PDA

View Full Version : Reboot on Channel change

sidsub
09-06-2008, 05:13 PM
All I did was mess with my cable link this afternoon and I'm now in a terrible bind... After the reboot, if I go to live tv and change channels, the system reboots immediately. It's done it three times already. I have a TiVo HD with an eSata expansion hard drive, and a single M-Card.

I just discovered that the same thing happens if after the reboot, I pick a recorded show from the menu and play it.

I'm not sure why the first reboot occurred, but I think it was because I accidentally knocked the eSata cable (it's just above where the coax cable comes in and that's what I was trying to rewire). When it first rebooted it complained about the expansion drive not being there so I shut it down, checked all the connections and started it back up.

Does this mean I've corrupted the drive? Is there anything that I can do that doesn't involve losing all my recorded shows?

Help!
Thanks.

sidsub
09-06-2008, 06:54 PM
False alarm... I hope. I shut everything down, let it cool for a half hour and then powered it back on and all appears to be working, for now anyway.