PDA

View Full Version : Cox AZ - Can you get PPV w/ TiVo HD by ordering by phone?

JayBird
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I've come across contradictory information on this subject, so I'm checking to see if anybody who has Cox in AZ and has a TiVo HD (or Series 3) has been able to successfully order PPV via the phone to watch on their cable card based TiVo.

Theoretically, this should be no different than calling in to order PPV if you had a cable box - they just have to enable it on their end. And it seems that some people in certain locations around the country with certain cable providers can do this, and other people in other locations with other cable providers cannot.

So... has anybody been able to do this with Cox in AZ, or is PPV simply not available to cablecard customers? I'm assuming that if I called Cox to inquire, the CSR either wouldn't comprehend what I'm asking, or by default would simply tell me I can't do it, even if it's possible.

BrianAZ
09-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I tried to get the hockey package last year, and they refused to turn it on. They never said it was impossible, just that they wouldn't enable it. I believe they were/are prepping for SDV and that's why. There is another guy on here though who has had success with the hockey package. I'm sure it's all in who you speak to @ Cox.

NeoMinder
09-05-2008, 07:02 PM
My understanding, when I tried to do the same thing, was that the software the CSRs use wouldn't let them do it. Like the box was grayed out or something.

So I rent a cable box for 18 ot 19 bucks a month for the privilege of being allowed to order PPV. I haven't been able to find any way around it, besides not getting PPV.

Tico
09-05-2008, 07:29 PM
My understanding, when I tried to do the same thing, was that the software the CSRs use wouldn't let them do it. Like the box was grayed out or something.

So I rent a cable box for 18 ot 19 bucks a month for the privilege of being allowed to order PPV. I haven't been able to find any way around it, besides not getting PPV.

All the PPV is now SDV, so nope....