PDA

View Full Version : $99 TivoHD w/Samsung HDTV at Amazon

twassel
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Received the following e-mail from Amazon.com today:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,
As someone who has shown an interest in digital video, you might like to know you can get a TiVo HD digital video recorder for just $99 when you purchase select models of Samsung's bestselling 550-series 1080p LCD HDTVs from Amazon.com.

Samsung Series 5 HDTVs feature full 1080p resolution, 30,000:1 dynamic contrast for crisp blacks, fast 5 ms response time for smooth sports action, and superb connectivity. The TiVo lets you record, replay, slow, or pause TV with HD clarity and get Internet video or Amazon video downloads right from your couch--and it replaces your cable box to boot.

Simply place any eligible HDTV and the TiVo HD in your cart, and the discount will be automatically deducted at checkout. Hurry--offer ends September 6!

Special Offer--$99 TiVo HD with Select Samsung HDTVs

FYI

dolcevita
09-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I've been trying to buy this combo for 3 days now, but Amazon's web team messed something when they loaded a sports momento certificate deal on the A550 pages.

When clicking through the promotional link and following all instructions, the discount is not applied as it is supposed to be. Have emailed Amazon's "help" support three times and the only response received had nothing to do with my inquiry (was something about price guarantees, which I hadn't inquired about.)

They need to fix their links before the promo expires :mad:

jlb
09-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I wonder if they will have a mistake and let you put the HDXL in and get the deal..........

stevevt
09-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I've been trying to buy this combo for 3 days now, but Amazon's web team messed something when they loaded a sports momento certificate deal on the A550 pages.

When clicking through the promotional link and following all instructions, the discount is not applied as it is supposed to be. Have emailed Amazon's "help" support three times and the only response received had nothing to do with my inquiry (was something about price guarantees, which I hadn't inquired about.)

They need to fix their links before the promo expires :mad:

As mentioned in the promo details, the discount is applied at checkout, not in in the shopping cart. Apologies if you already knew this and it's not working for you.

dolcevita
09-04-2008, 09:22 PM
As mentioned in the promo details, the discount is applied at checkout, not in in the shopping cart. Apologies if you already knew this and it's not working for you.

Steve, I did already know this and others on Amazon forums have reported being charged $250 for the Tivo when trying to redeem this deal...

Also in the promo details, it says that the deal has to be listed on the page for EACH item. The promo is mentioned on the Tivo HD page, but is no longer on the A550 pages. It disappeared when they loaded the other promo for the $200 memento certificates.

dolcevita
09-04-2008, 09:28 PM
ETA: I was finally able to take advantage of this deal on Saturday by having Amazon's Help Dept. call me. Took about 45 minutes to show them the problem and have it corrected. Ultimately what we had to do was purchase the tv and Tivo at the non-discounted price. The rep then manually adjusted the purchase price after the order was completed.

So I am very happy to have scored a Tivo HD for only $99 and the deal ended my indecisiveness regarding which model Samsung to buy (A550, A650 or A750).

This will be my second HD and will replace my DT. Now the question is...should I keep it, which will give me 4 tuners -- or sell it and use the proceeds towards the new XL?