PDA

View Full Version : M-card support on S3

avmike
09-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Is this a dead issue? or will support ever be added? I'm paying a fortune to Comcast in cable cards now....

Joybob
09-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Is this a dead issue? or will support ever be added? I'm paying a fortune to Comcast in cable cards now....

I feel ya.

MickeS
09-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately my guess is that it's a dead issue.

20TIL6
09-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Maybe with today's news about a new HD DirecTV/TiVo, you might have some pricing leverage. I'm thinking Comcast could be flexible in cablecard rental charges. I love my S3 and HD units, but I will be honest, I'm not with Comcast because of Comcast. I'm with Comcast because I can use an HD TiVo. And if I can use an HD TiVo again with DirecTV....

morac
09-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Search is your friend (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=6598668#post6598668).

And yes, it's basically dead.

ewilts
09-03-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm with Comcast and pay an extra $1.99 per month over Extended Basic service for my Digital Starter package. I don't pay anything at all for my 2 CableCARDs. So for about $2 per month I get all but 2 HD non-premium stations - at least 20 or so right now I think (I haven't counted in a while).

It's a shame that Comcast can't be consistent and give you the same deal that I'm getting.

It might not hurt to call them and threaten to leave though - I phoned them up one day and asked a customer service rep what their cancellation policy was (even though I knew I could cancel at any time without penalty). Next thing I knew I got $20 off per month for 6 months. Kept me nice and happy!

Adam1115
09-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm with Comcast and pay an extra $1.99 per month over Extended Basic service for my Digital Starter package. I don't pay anything at all for my 2 CableCARDs. So for about $2 per month I get all but 2 HD non-premium stations - at least 20 or so right now I think (I haven't counted in a while).

It's a shame that Comcast can't be consistent and give you the same deal that I'm getting.

It might not hurt to call them and threaten to leave though - I phoned them up one day and asked a customer service rep what their cancellation policy was (even though I knew I could cancel at any time without penalty). Next thing I knew I got $20 off per month for 6 months. Kept me nice and happy!

I pay $6.99/Mo for my second cablecard.

My S3 has an S Card in slot one and an M card in slot two.

LifeIsABeach
09-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I pay $6.99/Mo for my second cablecard.

My S3 has an S Card in slot one and an M card in slot two.

Are you paying that much just because the second one is an M-card? If so you should have them swap it out for a cheaper S-card.

Adam1115
09-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Are you paying that much just because the second one is an M-card? If so you should have them swap it out for a cheaper S-card.

No, it was free for the first card, $6.99 for the second.

Comcast showed up with two s-cards but one was bad so the guy went out and got an s-card.

richsadams
09-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Hmmm. We pay Comcast zero $$$ for our first cable card and $1.99 each for a second "S" card in our Series3 and one "M" card in our THD. :confused: Guess it'll be a moo point (who cares what cows think ;) ) once we switch to VZ FIOS. :)

BTW, why'd I just get an update for this thread if the last post was on 09/04? :confused: :confused:

Scyber
09-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Hmmm. We pay Comcast zero $$$ for our first cable card and $1.99 each for a second "S" card in our Series3 and one "M" card in our THD. :confused: Guess it'll be a moo point (who cares what cows think ;) ) once we switch to VZ FIOS. :)

Once you switch to VZ fios be prepared to spend $3.99 per S-card :(

caddyroger
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM

If they run a audit they may find that out and start charging
you for the cards. I was paying 0 for both cards until they found out that I had 3 cards now I have to pay $1.79 for the one card

ewilts
09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
If they run a audit they may find that out and start charging you for the cards. I was paying 0 for both cards until they found out that I had 3 cards now I have to pay $1.79 for the one card
I was paying for the 2nd card ($1.99 per month I think) but then they stopped charging me. My bill clearly shows the 2nd card at $0.