PDA

View Full Version : Trouble transfering a program from Tivo to Tivo

tagpats
09-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Recently, I've had trouble transfering programs from my Series2 Tivo to my HD Tivo. The blue light comes on and the transfer starts normally, but it seems to time out after several minutes and the program no longer displays in the now playing list of the Tivo I'm transfering to.

If I attempt to transfer again, it tells me that I must wait for the first one to finish before it will transfer another. There is nothing showing in the To Do list and no blue light is showing, but the Tivo seems to think the transfer is still happening.

My network connection is fine and my signal strength is excellent on both Tivo wireless adapters. I didn't have this problem prior to the service update, but don't know if this is relevant or not. Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this?

rocko
09-01-2008, 12:07 PM
As with many "odd" problems, sometimes rebooting fixes things. Try hard booting (pull the power, wait 30 seconds then plug back in) both boxes and see what happens.

tagpats
09-03-2008, 10:19 AM
right you are. i restarted them both and was able to transfer either way without trouble. thanks for the help.