PDA

View Full Version : To those using M-Cards...

nsk
08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
... Can you please post here if you have been able to access on-demand with the cable service (e.g. browse through the list of programs on HB) on demand and pick a movie or a series to watch instantly).

Also, please post if the service (Cablevision or others) you use.

Thanks

radtechy
08-24-2008, 07:52 AM
you lose the on demand features with a tivo (cablevision long island)

this is a little off topic but i have my tivo HD with an M card for 2wks and i will lose audio for 10 seconds at a time occasionally does this appen to you?

wdpower
08-24-2008, 08:37 AM
An M card lets you unscramble certain authorized channels. TiVo at present does not have a way to communicate upstream back to the cable company to tell them your choices for on-demand.

There is talk about a device being developed for that purpose, search for SDV Dongle. This device is being put together because of SDV, which is were the cable company will turn off channel that no one is watching to allow others to be broadcast over the same bandwidth. Say that right now they can only offer 15 HD channels, with SDV they can up that number by switching off the ones no one is watching.

cmshep222
08-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Summed up...Tivo can NOT currently do "On demand" via CableCard (M or S). Period!