PDA

View Full Version : Blurry HME Fonts with 9.3a

EpcotEric
04-22-2008, 08:02 AM
My S3 was just upgraded to 9.3a a couple days ago. I now notice that any HME-type application has a fuzzy screen. The regular TiVo menus are fine & sharp, but when it switches to any application like Swivel Search, Download TV & Movies, Rhapsody, etc, the screen becomes fuzzy and the fonts blurry. Never had this problem before 9.3a.

I am using my S3 currently on a SD TV, so it's set to always output 480i. Anyone else notice a difference?

s2kdave
04-22-2008, 11:10 AM
The look fine on 720p for me. But I did notice that animations are jerky in 9.3a now. I'm thinking they are now prerendering the screen in an offscreen buffer now where before they weren't. That might have side effects like fonts being antialiased making the edges not look pixelated (ie blurry).

robolight
04-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Mine are also blurry just as EpcotEric described. My TiVoHD is on a LCD 1080i. Hope they do something to fix it!

dforemsky
04-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Same thing for me. Using TivoHD on a SD tv through s-video. Top level Tivo menus, now playing, etc. are crystal clear. Menus for swivel search, video downloads are all a little blurry.