PDA

View Full Version : Stutter video and audio

oldradio99
04-17-2008, 10:02 AM
I have experienced the audio stutter while watching live TV and had hoped 9.3 would fix the problem. It didn't.

So when my video just starting freezing up one night I decided to call TIVO. What was strange was that the Video would freeze but I could see it all via fast forward so I know it was recording.

What I was told by TIVO was that the stutter audio and video can be caused by a bad network connector (I use TIVO wireless adapter) or a bad cable card.

So today I rebooted without the network adapter connected and so far so good. But a reboot always fixed things for a while.

Has anyone else been given this weird advice by TIVO?

snitm
04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
I have experienced the audio stutter while watching live TV and had hoped 9.3 would fix the problem. It didn't.

So when my video just starting freezing up one night I decided to call TIVO. What was strange was that the Video would freeze but I could see it all via fast forward so I know it was recording.

What I was told by TIVO was that the stutter audio and video can be caused by a bad network connector (I use TIVO wireless adapter) or a bad cable card.

So today I rebooted without the network adapter connected and so far so good. But a reboot always fixed things for a while.

Has anyone else been given this weird advice by TIVO?

No I haven't but I too have suffered with audio/video stutter and tivo hangs/reboots on my S3 (even more so now that I got 9.3a).
I've documented my unfortunate experience in a different thread (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=6192371#post6192371).

I too use a Tivo USB wireless adapter, but transfers (from my computer running pyTivo) work flawlessly and don't induce any stuttering. If it were really the wireless adapter it should have an adverse affect on the Tivo when its actively in use, and you'd expect the transfer speeds to be horrible.

But I'll try swapping in a different Tivo wireless adapter that I got recently to see what happens... I'm not holding my breath though.