PDA

View Full Version : Transfering Trouble

klyde
04-14-2008, 07:11 PM
I set up a manual movie to record 2 nights ago, I accidentally I set it for 13.5 hours instead of 2.5 hours. So last night I tried to transfer the first 2.5 hours from one of my HD Tivos to my other HD tivo over the net. I started it from the beginning then decided to cancel and start from the paused point instead. It wouldn't get past 0% so I canceled the tivo to tivo and started a tivo to computer transfer. It started to transfer and when it got 10% I stopped it to see if it would play. It loads up in Windows media player but only shows a picture of the program and doesn't play. I also tried VLC but its fragmented and wont play. So I went back to a Tivo to Tivo transfer but now it says it added it to the to do list and will do the transfer when it completes the previously requested one even though there is nothing else in the to do list and no transfer shows up in the now playing list. I do have a blue light on the front panel though. I tried a reset the tivo but it didn't help.
So now I cant transfer anything and I have a blue light.
One other thing, I can transfer any another program to the computer from the same tivo where the movie resides and it works. The movie that wont transfer will play on the Tivo.
I did a guided setup again and it did not help.
I also found out if I delete the program that will not transfer the blue light goes out but if I try to transfer another program the light comes on but the program says will start after it finishes the previous request but nothing is going on and I have to delete that also for it to go out.