PDA

View Full Version : Program my TiVo HD remotely?

dgk
04-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm a new TiVo user and was wondering how to set it up so that I can schedule it to record remotely. It's attached to my home network.

I was going to go through the TiVo site for help but I'm having trouble getting it today; it hangs halfway through the front page loading. So I ask here.

Oops, just realized this is the wrong forum but I can't delete it? Oh well.

TexasGrillChef
04-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm a new TiVo user and was wondering how to set it up so that I can schedule it to record remotely. It's attached to my home network.

I was going to go through the TiVo site for help but I'm having trouble getting it today; it hangs halfway through the front page loading. So I ask here.

Oops, just realized this is the wrong forum but I can't delete it? Oh well.

1. TiVo.Com Online Scheduling. This will allow you to set a new program to record on your TiVo anywhere you have access to the internet. Only thing you can't do is cancel a recording.

2. Buy a slingbox and hook up to your TiVo. Then with Slingplayer on a computer, &/or Slingplayer on your telephone. You can set up your TiVo to record. Cancel a recording, Delete a show. and EVEN WATCH a show recorded on your TIVO ANYWHERE you have access to the internet.

I have the slingbox and love it. I can opperate my TiVo just as though I was at home sitting in front of it, from ANY computer that has access to the internet, OR my from my CELL PHONE.

TGC