PDA

View Full Version : HDMI trouble shooting

rick peterson
11-26-2007, 11:35 PM
I have read that pre Jan 05 units have problems with bad HDMI cards and one of my units is an 04. However, when I first plugged that units HDMI into my new Pioneer plasma it worked fine for about a week. I had used only componenet before that time on another display. Now, the picture started to go psychedelic and it seems as though wiggling the connection at the HR will make it go from good to bad to good again. I think maybe a bad card from what I have read so far.

Then I tried the second HR, made after Jan 05, and I get an audio buzzing sound, only on HD channels, but otherwise the picture seems ok so far. Is there something I can do to get rid of the buzz? Does this symptom indicate a particular problem or fix?

I am (was) running directly into the plasma for audio and video via HDMI. No receiver yet.

JimSpence
11-27-2007, 09:59 AM
If it works fine on component, then my guess is that you have an HDMI card problem. Most people can't tell the difference between HDMI and component video. Does the audio work okay using the red/white connections?

rick peterson
11-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes. Its just that I have only one component in and my DVD is not HDMI.

I was wondering if the 2nd HR -that only buzzed on HD- is an indication that I need to change a setting on the TV audio seciton?