PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Jump to End

Onazuka
11-05-2007, 06:34 AM
I'm having problems with my HR10-250. Not only is it braeking up and stuttering more but now I can't watch a show without it periodically freezing and jumping to the end of the recording. I tired to watch the Colt vs Patriots game yesterday but gave up because every few minutes it would jump to the end of the recording, which eventually ruined the score for me. This happened lots of other times including trying to watch a movie. I tried restarting but not a clean delete of everything since we have shows we want to watch still on the hard disc.

I guess this means that my DVR is dying ? Is it probably the hard disc ? I guess I should upgrade to the HR20/HR21, but the thought of installing my 3rd satellite dish by some DirecTV installer and a new 2 year commitment when I might be moving in the next year doesn't excite me. Maybe it's time to go to Comcast.

JimSpence
11-05-2007, 07:30 AM
I believe that the hard drive is failing. Don't go to the dark side which is Comcast. You can replace the hard drive easily.

newsposter
11-08-2007, 09:56 AM
easiest and most expensive thing to do is buy a preformatted drive from weaknees. I did that when i wanted to add more space because i was tired of pulling out my PC to do work on tivo drives. less than 1/2 hour to drop in the drive. Of course you buy a drive yourself and learn how to do it in the upgrade forum much cheaper.