PDA

View Full Version : How fast is Amazon's super saver shipping?

mikesown
10-12-2007, 04:04 PM
I know this isn't exactly Tivo-related, but I'm seriously contemplating getting a Tivo HD(upgrade from a DirecTivo Series 2). I was wondering approximately how fast Amazon Super Saver shipping is(mostly, how long it takes for them to get the Tivo out of the warehouse, and what method is used for shipping(ups, usps, fedex)). Anyone have some prior experience? I want to know so I can schedule a cable install as soon as the Tivo arrives(approximately). I'm in southern CT(not sure where the Amazon warehouse is).

HDTiVo
10-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I know this isn't exactly Tivo-related, but I'm seriously contemplating getting a Tivo HD(upgrade from a DirecTivo Series 2). I was wondering approximately how fast Amazon Super Saver shipping is(mostly, how long it takes for them to get the Tivo out of the warehouse, and what method is used for shipping(ups, usps, fedex)). Anyone have some prior experience? I want to know so I can schedule a cable install as soon as the Tivo arrives(approximately). I'm in southern CT(not sure where the Amazon warehouse is).
As you are ordering, Amazon will give you the dates before final purchase.

Call the cable co before or after you click purchase.

Either way, you'll have plenty of time to call the cable company.

drdarren
10-12-2007, 04:20 PM
it is about 5-9 days from shipping day. i just bought a series 3 but i signed for a 30 trial of amazon prime and recieved the unit in 2 days

jtrain
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
It's usually never as long as they project. I bought a couple of books and a cable for my Series 3 and their projected arrival was 2-3 weeks out (with super saver shipping) and they arrived within about 5-7 days.

tillertyler
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
i've ordered two products from amazon in the past couple weeks (one being a TivoHD) and they both were shipped via Fedex 2nd day (Super Saver Shipping). I was definitely pleasantly surprised with this, but it might have something to do with me living in Hawaii.

MapleLeaf
10-12-2007, 04:28 PM

For me, it took two days to ship and then another two days to be delivered. I ordered my Tivo HD from Amazon this past Sunday evening (October 7th) and selected the free super-saver shipping. It shipped on Tuesday, October 9th from Sparks, NV via UPS Ground. I received it at my home in Redmond, WA on Thursday, October 11th.

Note that at the time of order, Amazon quoted me an estimated ship date of October 12th (apparently, when you select free super-saver shipping, even if an item is in stock, they say it will take an additional 3 to 5 days for "processing" before it even ships) and an estimated delivery date of October 19th. But from past experience, I knew that Amazon's estimates are always grossly, shall we say, conservative (at least for the free super-saver shipping), and that in all likelihood, I would probably have product in hand much sooner than what they were estimating. And sure enough...

mikesown
10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Eh, that's kinda disappointing that you had to wait 5-7 days to get a product(the 2 days to ship is the worst part; a company as big as amazon should ship all orders within 24hrs). There's a place(Hi Def Lifestyle; http://www.hideflifestyle.com/) in PA which ships out most stuff same day, and if I order the Tivo HD through Amazon, I get it with free shipping(not to mention cheaper than Amazon). UPS is generally good with nearby deliveries(from newegg in NJ it's overnight shipping), so I think they're a much better bet than Amazon. I hate waiting for stuff(even if only for a week)! I figure if I order today, it'll ship out on monday, and I'll get it tues/weds from PA.

HDTiVo
10-12-2007, 05:16 PM
So do that. :rolleyes: