PDA

View Full Version : HR10-250 problem - HELP?

Rottluver
10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Bought a "new" HR10-250 off ebay to replace my SAT-T60 which is finally dying after 6-7 years & 2 hard drives........I didn't even open the box for months when I got it, that is my fault. There is a sticker on the bottom that says, "REFURBISHED" and when I hooked it up and activated it, it went haywire after about an hour today.

Randomly rebooted, recorded 2 minutes of a show I told it to record and another 13 minutes of it later. When I tried to watch the 2 minute segment, it rebooted when that part was over instead of asking if I wanted to delete it or not. Completely missed the recording before that.

It also was freezing on programs being watched, would alternate with the grey screen & the "Please Insert Your Access Card" message and would randomly show a time WAY off for my area.

After numerous CS calls today it is determined that the unit is bad.....my question is, is the whole thing bad or can I replace the drive/s with something from Weaknees or similar and do you think that will fix it?

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Rottluver
10-05-2007, 11:24 PM
I just read that this problem is common with a bad power supply. Any input on that angle?

:(

coachO
10-06-2007, 06:32 AM
I replaced my Hard Drive when eveything seemed to go wrong. I would try a Clear and Delete before replacing it.

Then I replaced my power supply when it had occassionaly loss of audio and had picture freezing.

Rottluver
11-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I had replaced both the hard drive AND the power supply before I even connected this one. Turns out it is a problem with NOT having software version 6.3e on HR10-250's. There are threads all over the web about it.

I couldn't get it all week but this morning my Tivo called in and downloaded it for me!!!!! No reboots since then!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: