PDA

View Full Version : Remote Codes for Coby tv model# TF-FVD1992 ??

JasonRossSmith
08-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Hey folks, got a new tv for the bedroom and haven't been able to find a code listing for "COBY" brand Tv's. I went to the Settings section and selected "Remote Control" and "COBY" wasn't listed. I've Searched the help forums here, and at Tivo's website also but no luck.

I'm pretty sure that Coby tv's are probably manurfactured by someone else but don't know who.

I know can do the whole "search" for a code function but was hoping perhaps someone else has located codes for "COBY" brand TV's?

If anyone has and could share, it would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

J

Edmund
08-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Is this a tv/dvd combo?

JasonRossSmith
08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks Edmund! Yes it is. The TV is a 19" LCD TV with a built in DVD player. My Tivo is an S2 DT with the Service number starting with "649" if that helps also. TV Brand = "COBY" (I know it's not a premier brand but it was $70 less than the next one and actually had a better picture...) and the TV Model is actually = TF-DVD1992 (not TF-FVD1992) looks like I had a typo there and missed it.

Oh, also, an update, I did go ahead Call Tivo and they said they didn't have a record of "COBY" TV's. I'm hoping maybe someone has found a code that works, or knows who actually manurfactures COBY TV's so I could try one of the codes for that Company.

Thanks,

J

JasonRossSmith
09-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Well I thought it might be a long shot.... Does anyone know who might manurfacture coby TV's? (For example the "Insignia" TV's at Best Buy are made by Haier...)

Any help, greatly appreciated. :)

Edmund
09-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Try codes 0126 & 0142.

JasonRossSmith
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks Edmumd. I tried those and they didn't work. I also did try the code search and that didn't work either. Oddly, I also went and bought a Haier TV (which has codes listed) and those didn't work on the Haier TV either. So I think I'm out of luck. I likely have an older Tivo remote that doesn't have all the codes in it. Got to thinking about that, and I think when I upgraded from Series 2 units to S2DT and then sold my older units I think I sold the newer remotes and kept the old ones (they were already programmed to my existing TV's and Stereo, etc.) At the time I didn't think anything of it, but I now think that was a mistake.

Anyway thank you for helping, but I'm now resigned to one of the following:

1) Be stuck with two remotes.
2) Buy a new remote to control both
3) Keep searching for a TV that my Tivo Remote will control.

Edmund
09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
If you like tivo peanut, you might upgrade to the tivo GLO remote, it can be taught the commands.

I answer alot of remote questions on the directv.com remote forum, where i'm a tech know guide. Mostly dealing with directv white remote, the two tivo codes I posted match the two most popular Tv/dvd codes in the white remotes, which are 20821 & 20695.

kevinmclark
11-03-2007, 04:57 PM
The 0126 code works for the SuperScan Combo TV/DVD/VHS Model: 19TVD4S. Thanks Edmund!

Try codes 0126 & 0142.

thepeginator
02-19-2012, 09:35 PM
I saw this on ask.com and it worked for me. I have a Coby TFDVD3295 and a TiVo Series 2. I selected LG from the TV brands and 0128 is the only code listed for LG TVs.