PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to force it to stay on a channel for a SP record?

Tobashadow
07-04-2007, 03:15 AM
Here's the problem, i work second shift so i love my tivo because it allows me to get and watch show's i would otherwise miss.

My wife and kids are normaly off seeing her mother while im at work so no one is at home most night's.

But sometime's they are home and my son will refuse to let the tivo change the channel to record my SP show's and so i come home to a empty tivo and have to umm get them from less then you know method's from the net.

I'm not talking like a dozen shows per night, just 1 or maybe 2 hour's on 3 day's per week.

Is there a way to make a person enter like a pin to allow to cancel a SP program?

Ruth
07-04-2007, 04:08 AM
How about KidZone?

jrm01
07-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Does your TV have a second input? If so, why not split the input prior to the Tivo and let your kids watch TV on the other input while Tivo does it's thing on the other?

ZikZak
07-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Record your son's programs too so that he doesn't need to change the channels?

pdhenry
07-04-2007, 07:17 AM
The last time this came up I thought the consensus was to smack the kid upside the head. May be my faulty memory...

steve614
07-04-2007, 09:56 AM
That, and tell the kid that since he deprived you of your TV viewing, then you're going to deprive him of his TV viewing.
:D

ETA: BTW, who's the parent here? :p

Tobashadow
07-04-2007, 11:10 AM
No that goes into the i didnt do it discussion even tho i can pull up the history to show it.

Recording his show's?? I wouldnt punish my poor tivo with that japanamation wannabee crap off the cartoon network.

Soapm
07-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Record your son's programs too so that he doesn't need to change the channels?

This worked for my daughter, I set a SP with keep until she deletes for her shows and now she just watches the recordings which free's the turner(s) up. I don't tell her that her shows are numbers 81, 82 and 83 in the season pass list. :)