PDA

View Full Version : Tivo not seeing digital channels.

aarong50
07-03-2007, 04:26 AM
So here is the issue. I just bought a new series 2 tivo for Time Warner cable. All of the channels show up fine and are labeled correctly up until 100. After 100 it shows this Asian channel AZN or something on every single channel.. All of the titles etc show up with description but its like you flip through the channels and the picture stays the same yet the info bar at the top changes and the channel number in that info bar changes.

Here is how it is setup.
Cable out of the wall split. One half goes to TWC box the other goes to the Tivo.
RCA comes out of the cable box into the time warner, from time warner it goes into the tv. I have it hooked up exactly how the instructions show but I am still missing something..

Pioneer digital box from TWC
Tivo Series 2

pdhenry
07-03-2007, 05:56 AM
The Series 2 TiVo can't tune the digital channels by itself. It needs to get the output of the cable box if you want to record digital channels.

What I recommend
1. Wall-->Cable box-->Tivo-->TV
2. Get used to watching all of your programming through the TiVo, either live or recorded.

If you change to the above setup you'll need to repeat Guided Setup to get the cable box integrated properly.

RoyK
07-03-2007, 06:16 AM
The Series 2 TiVo can't tune the digital channels by itself. It needs to get the output of the cable box if you want to record digital channels.

What I recommend
1. Wall-->Cable box-->Tivo-->TV
2. Get used to watching all of your programming through the TiVo, either live or recorded.

If you change to the above setup you'll need to repeat Guided Setup to get the cable box integrated properly.

You'll also need to hook up either the IR Blaster or Serial cable (preferred if it works with your cable box) that should have been supplied with your TiVo between your TiVo and cable box so that the TiVo can change channels on the cable box.

aarong50
07-03-2007, 02:22 PM
So I dont use the splitter that tivo supplied? I will try hooking it up that way and hopefully it works. I want everything to come over tivo just like when I had directv.

steve614
07-03-2007, 04:27 PM
If your Tivo is a Series 2 Dual Tuner, then you would want to use the splitter as follows:

1. Wall-->Splitter input.
2. Splitter out #1-->Cable box-->Tivo tuner 1 input-->TV
3. Splitter out #2-->Tivo tuner 2 input.

The first tuner will be able to get all the channels through the cable box.
The Second tuner will only be able to get analog channels.

If your cable co. is only all digital, then the second tuner becomes useless.

aarong50
07-03-2007, 05:35 PM
steve614 that is exactly how I have it hooked up and am still having problems with channel 100+

aarong50
07-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I fixed the problem. I had the IR things on the wrong spot on my cable box. So everything is good and I thank you.