PDA

View Full Version : Question about service agreement: 30 day

Jazhawk
07-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I may not have used the correct query because I know this question has been asked before. I got a TIVO from craigslist and activited it about a week ago. The Tivo works fine. Turns out though, the 240 model and won't allow me to watch a live broadcast when it's recording. So I thought I would just get one from Tivo directly (refurb) that could do that.

The question is, can I still get the rebate price via new activation since I have not past the 30 days yet?

Anyone know?

-Jaz

ZikZak
07-01-2007, 10:10 PM
You can always watch an analog program live while tivo records something else by splitting the cable. Watching-Live-While-Recording is also overrated... you may think you need it, but you probably don't. See my link below.

The only tivo that will allow you to watch a digital or scrambled channel while recording something else is the Series 3 or a DirecTivo.

Jazhawk
07-01-2007, 11:29 PM
You can always watch an analog program live while tivo records something else by splitting the cable. Watching-Live-While-Recording is also overrated... you may think you need it, but you probably don't. See my link below.

The only tivo that will allow you to watch a digital or scrambled channel while recording something else is the Series 3 or a DirecTivo.

Thank you ZikZak. Overrated or no, my Tivo switches what I may happen to be viewing when a programmed event takes place. I'm sure there are things I don't yet know about Tivo and I hope to get help here.

Is a splitter the solution for this problem/Issue?

-Jaz

jrm01
07-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Assuming that you connected the Tivo to the TV with AV cables, all you need to do is put a splitter on the input cable prior to the cable box and run one connection to your TV. Then you can watch the analog channels (by switching TV input) while Tivo is doing it's thing.

wscannell
07-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Once you get used to TiVo, you probably will not watch anything live. You can split your cable before the TiVo. One output to the TiVo and the other to other to the TV. Watch live TV with the input to the TV. The other thing that may work is to put the TiVo in standby. Then it should feed the cable signal straight through. It will still record when in standby.

Jazhawk
07-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Thank you all for the responses. True, I have yet to get used to the Tivo but this thread is not so much about splitting the signal as it is about getting this warrenty issue resolved.

-Jaz

mick66
07-02-2007, 08:33 AM
The question is, can I still get the rebate price via new activation since I have not past the 30 days yet?

Anyone know?

-Jaz

Tivo has a 30 day money back guarantee. Cancel this subscription if and when you buy a new one and start all over again with a new subscription for the new Tivo.

Jazhawk
07-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Tivo has a 30 day money back guarantee. Cancel this subscription if and when you buy a new one and start all over again with a new subscription for the new Tivo.

Perfect!

Thx Mick66

-Jaz