PDA

View Full Version : S2 Volume Cuts Out Occasionally

MAGICCPA
06-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I have a S2 with a 290MB Drive. Every 5-10 days the volume on program that is being recorded cuts out during recording. It will continue to be off even for subsequent programs. I usually can clear the problem by a combinations of switching channels and turning the TV on and off. The problem is not the TV since if I switch the TV to auxiliary it works fine on a live channel. This can happen on any channel.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

litzdog911
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Need a bit more info ....

* what's your video source (cable, cable box, satellite receiver)?
* how is that source connected to your Tivo?
* how is the Tivo connected to your TV?
* when you're able to clear the problem, do those "bad" recordings then have audio?

MAGICCPA
06-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I use a cable box. The cable is connected to the cable box. The output from the box goes to the TIVO. The TIVO output goes to the TV.

I do not have "bad" recordings. The problem is that the audio stops in durring a recording and will not go back on until I fool around with the channels and/or other controls. I have had this TIVO for several years without this kind of problem in the past.

After I clear the problem, the recordings that lost the audio do not correct themselves. The audio was not recorded.

JimSpence
06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
My first guess is the cable box is the problem.

litzdog911
06-28-2007, 02:19 AM
I agree with Jim .... sounds like a Cable Box problem. How is the AUDIO connected from your Cable Box to the Tivo? Are you using the single coax cable connection, or red/white RCA audio cables?