PDA

View Full Version : Charter Cable Card De-Coder problems

dennismartinek
06-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I got my S3 yesterday, the Charter guy showed up, had never done an install. The directions are simple enough, but after three cards, nothing. It sees them in the slots (yes, we did slot 1 first but tried slot 2 at the request of Tivo).

A new Charter rep showed up today, with one new card...they can't get the settings they need, and it shows as not being activated.

So, after about 12 hours of this nonsense, he suggested putting the card into the TV to see what happened. It did a firmware upgrade for an hour, and then I put it into the Tivo.

I got excited too early, since it finally allowed me to go through the process of Guided Setup again. Then, it had the nerve to go into a firmware update on Tivo, finished that, continued with the process, right near the end...Firmware upgrade.

Am I loading plans to launch nukes or watch TV? Anyone have this problem or any suggestions? I'm ready to give up!

Thanks.

futurefront
09-05-2007, 08:55 PM
one of the things we did was when one of the cable cards got stuck in the firmware update, we swapped it for the other card and it worked...

my tivo hd sees both cable cards, but not decoding all channels yet!

ckelly33
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
On the pairing screen, make sure you wait several minutes (no more than 5min) before changing the screee. My own impatience got me on my first install attempt. I can say from experience (7 CableCARDS in my house -3 S3's and 1 HTPC) - just follow the instructions. Once you get to the pairing screen, just wait. It's uncomfortable to stare at a screen with the cable guy buy resist the urge to try a different screen. It'll happen.

jfh3
09-05-2007, 10:20 PM
In addition to the Tivo instructions:

http://customersupport.tivo.com/LaunchContent.aspx?cid=07e4e622-2e6a-49c7-9885-68fcba4b991a&anchor=undefined

Read the CableCARD installation FAQ:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=363797