PDA

View Full Version : HD with Verizon Fios?

kdmorse
06-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I was told by a verizon installer this week that while their FIOS service works fine with the S3 in general - you cannot get HD with it, because they don't have HD CableCards.

Now, there's no such thing as a HD CableCard. And I was under the impression that everone here with FIOS was getting their HD channels on their S3.

So - is there any truth to what he was saying, or was he simply uninformed?

-Ken

AbMagFab
06-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I was told by a verizon installer this week that while their FIOS service works fine with the S3 in general - you cannot get HD with it, because they don't have HD CableCards.

Now, there's no such thing as a HD CableCard. And I was under the impression that everone here with FIOS was getting their HD channels on their S3.

So - is there any truth to what he was saying, or was he simply uninformed?

-Ken
Total BS. I have 2 S3's and all their glorious HD.

GoHokies!
06-16-2007, 10:39 PM
You're right, the installer was in idiot. Glad to see that it isn't confined to the traditional cable companies.

kdmorse
06-16-2007, 10:47 PM
That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure.

I will say however that he was a good installer in all other ways, and he was not actually installing a S3 or any CableCards. Everything that was being installed was installed professionally and correctly. There are now two Fibers, two ONT's on the outside, two batteries on the inside, business internet service, two STB's connected serially to two S2 tivo's, six other coax runs all ready to be used, all worked out very well. Customer is very, very happy.

The installer was just a bit confused about the CableCard issue.

-Ken

jhimmel
06-17-2007, 10:19 AM
That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure.

I will say however that he was a good installer in all other ways, and he was not actually installing a S3 or any CableCards. Everything that was being installed was installed professionally and correctly. There are now two Fibers, two ONT's on the outside, two batteries on the inside, business internet service, two STB's connected serially to two S2 tivo's, six other coax runs all ready to be used, all worked out very well. Customer is very, very happy.

The installer was just a bit confused about the CableCard issue.

-Ken

He is probably mixing up info he received about the S3 not being able to get VOD.