PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an S3 in Santa Fe?

poppasf
06-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Folks,

Sorry to be so specific, but I've been wrestling with the Santa Fe Comcast people for 6 weeks now and I still don't have a correct CableCard installation. Does anyone here in Santa Fe, NM have an S3 with CableCard connectivity? Comcast says there is someone but TiVo in Albuquerque says there is not. If there is someone here, I'd appreciate a response and information on how you got everything to work.

Comcast told me they escalated my problem as high as they could and those "powers" said nothing was wrong with my cable, CableCards or rate code. Bottom line, however, I get no Premium Channels and only random non-premium channels.

I'm ready to do some escalating of my own. Comcast corporate, TiVo corporate, FCC and the NM Attorney General come to mind. Anyone had any success with the first three?

Thanks,
Dick (extremely frustrated) Phillips

MickeS
06-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Call TiVo, first of all.

"Comcast told me they escalated my problem as high as they could and those "powers" said nothing was wrong with my cable, CableCards or rate code."

I think every single instance of CableCARD problems here have been traced back to exactly one or more of those three reasons. :)

JamieP
06-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Folks,

Sorry to be so specific, but I've been wrestling with the Santa Fe Comcast people for 6 weeks now and I still don't have a correct CableCard installation. Does anyone here in Santa Fe, NM have an S3 with CableCard connectivity? Comcast says there is someone but TiVo in Albuquerque says there is not. If there is someone here, I'd appreciate a response and information on how you got everything to work.

Comcast told me they escalated my problem as high as they could and those "powers" said nothing was wrong with my cable, CableCards or rate code. Bottom line, however, I get no Premium Channels and only random non-premium channels.

I'm ready to do some escalating of my own. Comcast corporate, TiVo corporate, FCC and the NM Attorney General come to mind. Anyone had any success with the first three?

Thanks,
Dick (extremely frustrated) PhillipsHi Dick,

I have an S3 and am in Santa Fe. It took a while to get the cable cards properly provisioned, but eventually Comcast did it. Once every couple of months I lose channels and have to call them to "send it a hit" again, or otherwise re-provision it. It's a pain dealing with them.

PM me if you want and we can talk further. I believe I may know you from LANL.