PDA

View Full Version : tivo not receiving signal from cable box

nickharman
06-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I am getting the 'cant watch live TV' tivo message. There appears to be no signal coming in to the Tivo

As an obvious check I have bypassed Tivo and plugged the TV straight to the cable unit (An NTL/Virgin Pace) and the cable unit is working fine. The scart from tivo to tv is fine as I can see old recordings (and of course the Tivo menu). I have swapped the scart from Pace to Tivo with a known good cable, and still no joy.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

Nick

JimSpence
06-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Your mentioning "scart" indicates to this Yankee that you're from the other side of the big pond. Therefore, you should ask in the TiVo UK forum. http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14

nickharman
06-09-2007, 10:38 AM
yeh I will but

a) there are more people here

b) scart is peritel is whatever. It's not the cables I have a problem with but the box itself!

N

pdhenry
06-09-2007, 01:27 PM
I'd repeat guided setup to ensure that the TiVo input is set correctly. Every time I switch between digital cable (with a box) and basic cable (without) I have to repeat guided setup to get everything working right again..

gastrof
06-09-2007, 06:07 PM
yeh I will but

a) there are more people here

b) scart is peritel is whatever. It's not the cables I have a problem with but the box itself!

N

From what I hear, scarts are not quite the same as, for example, RCA cables.

I agree with the other poster who suggested you check with the UK board.

See, there are things about how your TiVos work (for example, in doing Guided Setup and establishing signal source) that may be a little different from ours; we might not know something your fellow Brits would.