PDA

View Full Version : Screen saver on dish network 322 reciever

ocean_waves110
01-21-2007, 02:01 PM
On my Dish network two-tv 322 reciver the Screen Saver with Dish network Logo and Text (Push Select to Continue) pops up and gets recorded by my tivo after daily Dish Network Software update and or every 4 hours if no remote control button is pushed. This Logo stays on screen and renders my tivo recording at these times TOTALLY USELESS.

Any idea how to fix this? I would be so thankful for any help anyone has! Thanks so much!
Kate ocean_waves110

JimSpence
01-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Check this thread.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128743

aidensmommy
01-23-2007, 12:28 PM
When I disabled my automatic updates on my 322 it seems to have solved this problem. You just have to make sure that you turn off your receiver at least once a day for about 1/2 hour so it can get the updates that it needs. A bit of a pain but seems to be the only way I have found around the issue. Also make sure that you have the right channel list in Tivo because if your tivo dials a channel that you don't get it cannot dial back out which can also give you the black dish screen.

zetajenn
01-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I had the same problem, so I emailed dish network and threatened to go to Direct TV if they didn't tell me how to disable the screen saver. About a week later they sent me directions!

You can disable the Screensaver by pressing Menu, System setup, Installation, and Updates (6-1-6). In that Update screen, you can disable the update or change the time it updates so you can record at night.

I just changed mine from 4am to 8am so I would be awake to press select. You can also disable it but you will have to turn your receiver off every now and then to update.