PDA

View Full Version : what have I done--used script to fix win crlf/telnet problems

Ilovetorecord2
12-17-2006, 01:25 PM
After messing around upgrading and installing various options I used a script I think it was Gunny's that was to fix windows crlf problem but now I have other problems and not sure how to fix them.

I use Putty to telnet in and the command prompt and ftp IP addresses to put things on my tivos and after I use putty once and remount drive the next time I use it it opens and closes.

If I try to telnet in from command prompt I end up with the text saying telent and IP address but if I press a key I end up back with c:\documents and settings\
and when I do I am back to the command prompt. If I type telnet and hit return I get escape character is CTRL+] and I type unset crlf the message line feed mode - causes return key to send CR and I type o and IP address I get connecting to IP could not open connection to host, on port 23: connect failed.

I tried uses teraterm and it closes also on telnet.

If I reboot both computer and tivo I get them back and then the same thing happens after I log off of putty.

Trying to figure this mess out so that I can finish tweaking my tivo.
Any advice would be appreciated.

BruceShultes
12-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Try just opening a Command Prompt under Windows, and typing telnet IPaddress.

Substitute the actual IP address of your box for IPaddress.

At least this works under Windows XP and it should tell you whether you really messed up something on your box.