PDA

View Full Version : Revolving E-mail Alerts when New Episodes of Favorite Shows are Coming Up

tsnyder41
10-07-2006, 12:59 AM
I would like to tell a service what my favorite shows are and get notified when new episodes are coming up a few days before hand. Does anyone know of such a service?

Thanks,
Matt

JYoung
10-07-2006, 01:09 AM
TiVo service works great for me.
Records first run episodes automatically and I don't even have to check my email.

jschuur
10-07-2006, 02:57 AM
MeeVee (http://www.meevee.com) lets you set up a guide based on shows you watch and you can get a weekly email of your guide.

pdhenry
10-07-2006, 04:11 AM
If you can't find new episodes of your favorite shows in October they may not be making new episodes.

TonyD79
10-07-2006, 02:01 PM
TiVo!
TiVo!
TiVo!
TiVo!
TiVo!

Show magically appears!

tsnyder41
10-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Jschuur Thank you,

This is what I am looking for. They also have a RSS feed for my Google home and my PPC. JYoung, pdhenry, and TonyD79, I appreciate your attempt to contribute to this thread. But your responses did not address the question.

I use a Motorola 6412v3 HD DVR and put the old Phillips series 1 Tivo in the study. The Tivo is now for the wife and I havenít used the Tivo GUI for three years. But with the DVR I use, new shows can slip through the crack in many ways. It can only record two programs at a time, leaving lower priority programs unrecorded. The configuration for series recordings have to be the same for all shows in a series. For example, I couldnít set two series recordings for the same show, one for new episodes only with a high priority and another for reruns with a lower priority. This would lower the amount of new programming loss, but not eliminate it as I can still only record two things at once. I have also notice that new programming gets delayed by the 6412v3. In attempts to get more recordings the 6412v3 records a lower priority program over a high priority program, if the higher priority program is aired soon after. And no option exists to turn off this feature / disability.

I have a pocket PC phone with EVDO that allows me access to the internet almost anywhere. Using the PPC and RSS I can put the daily listing info of my favorite shows on my today screen. Or use outlook for get/view the weekly e-mails or pIE to surf MeeVee. That way I can get excited about up coming shows and plan my next few days according, on the go. Using this info I can make sure new shows donít go unrecorded and be informed with out being home.

Matt