PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica in HD?

crowfan
09-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Gang,

I am currently watching the Season 2.5 DVDs in preparation for the season 3 premiere of BSG this Friday. I've never watched the show as it airs before. I've only seen it in "catch-up mode" on DVD. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that BSG was aired in HD, but I don't see it in my cable schedule anywhere. Is it aired in HD? If so, what channel? Is there an HD feed of SciFi that I just don't get, or is it aired on INHD or something like that?

Thanks!!

hanumang
09-30-2006, 05:01 PM
I am currently watching the Season 2.5 DVDs in preparation for the season 3 premiere of BSG this Friday. I've never watched the show as it airs before. I've only seen it in "catch-up mode" on DVD. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that BSG was aired in HD, but I don't see it in my cable schedule anywhere. Is it aired in HD? If so, what channel.

Universal HD (http://www.universalhd.com/Schedule/search.bravo?month=2006-12&keyword=Battlestar&start=today)

In the past, it tended to be at least a half-season behind. Of course, with the new schedule for season 3, who knows what the future holds...

crowfan
09-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks!

Bierboy
09-30-2006, 06:16 PM
It was also shown on NBC in HD....just the mini, I think, though.

Todd
09-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Season 3 will not be on UniversalHD anytime soon. We'll have to watch it in lowly SD... :(

Dignan
09-30-2006, 06:42 PM
I believe that after my Dr. Who Divx experience I might wait and download the episode of BSG S3. My signal for Sci-Fi channel is pretty bad on my DTivo.

newsposter
10-02-2006, 08:28 AM
i have never watched the initial 2 part movie thing nor seasons 1 or 2. They are all sitting on my unsubbed T60 waiting for me to catch up with my other stuff :)

is jumping into this season possible or would i be way out of the loop?

Sirius Black
10-02-2006, 08:44 AM

Without giving too much away, I say 'yes' you would be out of the loop.

Of course, with the new schedule for season 3, who knows what the future holds...

What new schedule?

aaronwt
10-02-2006, 09:31 AM
i have never watched the initial 2 part movie thing nor seasons 1 or 2. They are all sitting on my unsubbed T60 waiting for me to catch up with my other stuff :)

It would be worth it to "catch up". It will definitely be worth your time.

Domandred
10-02-2006, 10:37 AM

Jumping into season 3 you would be very out of the loop. You wouldn't have to watch every episode though I don't think, however even a "good parts" or "need to see" version might be a little much to catch up on in what 5 days till the season premier.

Even some of the less then great (still better then a good portion of television out there though) episodes might have one or two scenes that are important.

I'll try to help out though:

Watch

Miniseries

Season 1
1 - 33
2 - Water
3 - Bastille Day
4 - Act of Contrition
5 - You can't go home again (Act of Contrition pt2)
8 - Flesh and Bone
110 - The Hand of God
112 - Kobol's Last Gleeming pt1
113 - Kobol's Last Gleeming pt2

Season 2
201 - Scattered
203 - Fragged
204 - Resistance
205 - The Farm
206 - Home pt1
207 - Home pt2
210 - Pegasus
211 - Resurrection Ship pt1
212 - Resurrection Ship pt2
213 - Epiphanies
217 - The Captain's Hand
218 - Downloaded
219 - Lay Down Your Burdens pt1
220 - Lay Down Your Burdens pt2

That still only removes about 11 epidodes. Save you about 8 hours though (without commercials), and I think those episodes cover all the major story arcs going on as well. The missing parts you should be able to catch up on either in the "previously on Battlestar Galactica spots" or by watching "The Story So Far".

You might end up watching ALL of season 1 however, then just skipping season two 208 and 214, 215 and 216.

208 was a filler episode but did have a few very short scenes as well as introducing a new character that rumor has it will have a larger roll in season 3.

214 to 216 are major filler episodes. 214 you can probably completely skip, 215 is debateable, not really anything needed for the story but has some character development.

216 - Sacrifices was not a good episode either but does have a few very important events that are really unneeded to the story but if you don't watch you'll be saying "what happened?" the episode after.

So I guess watch all the episodes except 214 - Black Market. But there is one dialog scene that may be important to the episodes coming up, I can't remember for sure because I turned my brain off for most of that episode...

You know what, just watch all of them. Sorry couldn't really help.

hanumang
10-02-2006, 11:39 AM
What new schedule?

Season 3 of BSG will be shown in 1 'continuous' block from October to March (with a one month break in December).

Season 2 (also 20 episodes) was split across 2 blocks on Sci-Fi: summer (June to August), then winter (January to March).

newsposter
10-02-2006, 11:53 AM
thanks for all the information. I wish my work laptop could read RAM disks so i could watch while at work :) But I'm not going to burn -r just for a one time viewing

alternatively i've been working on a machine to add 3 more hours to every day for more TV viewing :)

crowfan
10-02-2006, 12:32 PM
I've gotten spoiled watching it on DVD. I was looking forward to the HD feed, but now it looks like I'll have to watch it in SD if I want to watch it as it airs. :(

Oh well, at least it's back on. :up: I'm making a push to finish up the S2.5 DVDs by Friday.

Sirius Black
10-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Season 3 of BSG will be shown in 1 'continuous' block from October to March (with a one month break in December).

This I like. None of that no-reason-what-so-ever-break schedule like those guys over at ABC and that other really popular show. ;)

etsolow
10-02-2006, 01:11 PM
/subscribe

Why, oh why, do they make us choose between HD and staying current? I want my HD now! :D

Chandler Mike
10-05-2006, 01:14 PM
/subscribe

Why, oh why, do they make us choose between HD and staying current? I want my HD now! :D

Yeah, this sucks...I watched all of the last two seasons on DVD or UHD...

I have to watch on Friday, but I just wish I knew if they'd be shown on UHD or somewhere else...and when.

Still no one knows?