PDA

View Full Version : Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy for 10/03/06

mathwhiz
09-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Once again my local station is mucking around with shows I feel they are obligated to show. To make a long story short - they are preempting Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy on Tuesday, October 3. I would be very pleased if someone could record these for me.

Let me know - thanks!

Neenahboy
09-30-2006, 03:32 PM
To make a long story short

Make it a little longer and tell us why they're pre-empting it.

;)

Chapper1
09-30-2006, 03:34 PM
My thought is maybe for a Tigers playoff game...

mathwhiz
09-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Nope - not a sporting event this time - although before that has happened, and for Billy Gram specials, and once even for an infomercial! This time, the local PBS station is doing a gubernatorial debate, and this station is airing it as well. Which is Monday at 8 - which is when Deal or no Deal is on. So - I ask them when they will be airing DoND, and get that it will be Tuesday at 7, so I ask when they will be airing the missed J and WoF, and they say they aren't. I let them know my displeasure about it, and also the fact that they aren't carrying J and WoF in HD. I don't know why stations can't just reair the missed stuff in the late hours of the night when it's just infomercials. (Ok - I do know - it's all about money and not customers/viewers). I'm beginning to think I should start writing to the advertisers during the show and let them know that I'm not happy with the station they are supporting.

trainman
09-30-2006, 09:13 PM
If it's any consolation, the station still has to show the national commercials that would have aired during those "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel" episodes (i.e., the block of commercials that airs after Alex reveals the Final Jeopardy! category and, uh, I forget when during "Wheel" they show the national ads). Expect to see some Poli-Grip ads during that "Deal or No Deal."

mathwhiz
09-30-2006, 09:25 PM
I'll keep that in mind when I FF through them :)

mathwhiz
10-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Just wanted to make sure that this is seen by the people who were gone on the weekend. Thanks!

DevdogAZ
10-02-2006, 11:19 AM
If it's any consolation, the station still has to show the national commercials that would have aired during those "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel" episodes (i.e., the block of commercials that airs after Alex reveals the Final Jeopardy! category and, uh, I forget when during "Wheel" they show the national ads). Expect to see some Poli-Grip ads during that "Deal or No Deal."
What about the ads that are contracted to air during the DoND episode? Seems like if the local NBC station is pre-empting primetime shows for public interest stuff, they're going to be way behind on ads that they're contracted to show and will have a difficult time making them up.