PDA

View Full Version : STORM: HELP! I missed all shows on Thursday!!

quezsmith
09-29-2006, 09:39 AM
We had a bad storm in our area (Baltimore) last night and lost power and cable service. I am in desperate need of these shows:
Survivor
Grey's Anatomy
ER
Six Degrees

I am so sad! Thursday is my TV day!

Thanks so much,

Jan

Eddie501
09-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Most of the networks are making their shows available for free on their websites the next day. So by now you can watch Grey's Anatomy at abc.com, and Survivor and Six Degrees at cbs.com.

NBC doesn't seem as quick to do this though so I'm not sure about ER. You might check i-tunes.

FYI - Grey's Anatomy is also being repeated tonight at 8/7 central.

quezsmith
09-29-2006, 12:46 PM
My cable is still out and Adelphia is telling me that they won't have it fixed till Nonday or Tuesday!!!!

rkester
09-29-2006, 12:55 PM
I like that many of the networks are offering these online the next day. But I hate that they are so low res. I just cannot sit thru an hour program at my computer, and in the tiny size. but if I truly miss something, I can deal with it as an emergency backup.

quezsmith
09-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I like that many of the networks are offering these online the next day. But I hate that they are so low res. I just cannot sit thru an hour program at my computer, and in the tiny size. but if I truly miss something, I can deal with it as an emergency backup.
So true...... or in my case I don't have a connection (due to the storm) so that's not an option for me!

Domandred
09-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Legality questions aside there are certain times that I think that even if deemed "illegal" there is a reason for Torrent downloads.

rkester
09-29-2006, 02:09 PM
agreed. torrents can be lifesavers when no decent option is availble.

on a sad note, I went to check on my tivo in the bedroom this morning to make some DVDs of stuff (including some ofthe mentioned programs here) and found it displaying a black screen. I went back and its been recording black for a week! so nothing I recorded on it is there. Dangit. thats what I get for getting all wrapped up in the new hr20 in the living room and forgeting to check the other tivo.

DreadPirateRob
09-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Hmm. My satellite never goes out. Another reason not to go back to cable. :)

(Bummer for the OP, though. I know that CBS is streaming many of its shows the next day, as is ABC.)

rkester
09-29-2006, 02:21 PM
In this case it wasnt the satellite it was the crappy receiver that when hit wiht a brief power cycle due to AEP sucking, loses its mind and thinks I have no programming.