PDA

View Full Version : The Contender Season 2 Finale (9/26) on ESPN *Spoilers*

MikeekiM
09-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Wow... Who would have guessed the outcome of this season?

I picked a lot of top contenders, and Grady wasn't even near the top of my list...

Great season... I hope they can justify a 3rd season!

fmowry
09-28-2006, 10:06 AM
It was a surprise. The other dude looked slow.

Frank

gossamer88
09-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Glad for Grady. Especially when he said he will give the Tundra to his parents who've never owned a new car.

BTW, Stallone was nowhere to be seen this season. Not even in the finale. Wasn't he executive producer?

Langree
09-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Glad for Grady. Especially when he said he will give the Tundra to his parents who've never owned a new car.

BTW, Stallone was nowhere to be seen this season. Not even in the finale. Wasn't he executive producer?

He's working on Rocky VI, or are we at VII...

gossamer88
09-28-2006, 11:29 AM
He's working on Rocky VI, or are we at VII...
It's called Rocky Balboa. No numeral. It is number 6 (VI). They actually showed the coming attraction during the live broadcast. Still, he coulda showed up!

DLiquid
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm not even reading a word of this thread because my recording got cut off at literally the second the announcer was going to announce the winner. He read all of the judges scores and then, do you want to delete this program. Arrrrrgh!!!!

Luckily ESPN repeats this thing a million times.

JFriday
09-28-2006, 12:23 PM
The only thing I don't like about the contender is the short time between fights, I guess it's more who recovers best. Sometimes the guys just don't look like 1/2 the fighters they were the 2nd or 3rd fight.

gossamer88
09-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm not even reading a word of this thread because my recording got cut off at literally the second the announcer was going to announce the winner. He read all of the judges scores and then, do you want to delete this program. Arrrrrgh!!!!

Luckily ESPN repeats this thing a million times.
The same exact thing happened to me. I have to remember to record the show right afterwards whenever something is live.

I did record the rebroadcast only from 4:30-5:30 am (manually of course) and caught the results that morning as I was getting ready to go to work.

MikeekiM
09-28-2006, 02:43 PM
The same exact thing happened to me. I have to remember to record the show right afterwards whenever something is live.

I did record the rebroadcast only from 4:30-5:30 am (manually of course) and caught the results that morning as I was getting ready to go to work.

Yup...same here... It was kind of funny...couldn't have been planned better from a frustration factor...

Fortunately, TiVo picked up Wednesday's repeat... they must have done something around the timing, cuz it was still 2 hours, but I was able to see the winner's announcement, as well as the post-fight interviews...