PDA

View Full Version : 20/20: Barbara Walters Speaks with Terri Erwin

BeanMeScot
09-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Terri's first interview since Steve's death. She got broken up a lot. She truly lost her soul mate. You could just tell through the show that they were 2 halves of the same coin.

The zoo looks pretty cool. I had never seen that much about the zoo and didn't realize the keepers walked around with the animals so people could pet them all the time. When I saw them holding koalas or petting kangaroos, I just thought it was for the cameras.

Agatha Mystery
09-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Terri's first interview since Steve's death. She got broken up a lot. She truly lost her soul mate. You could just tell through the show that they were 2 halves of the same coin.

The zoo looks pretty cool. I had never seen that much about the zoo and didn't realize the keepers walked around with the animals so people could pet them all the time. When I saw them holding koalas or petting kangaroos, I just thought it was for the cameras.
I forgot to record this, so I missed it.

Yeah, Steve had the wanderers added a few years back. He wanted to be able to give the people an up close and personal touch with the animals, causing them to fall more in love with them, thereby wanting to save more of them. I saw an episode of Croc Diaries where they were discussing the uniforms of the staff and what to put the wandering people in.

If you want to understand the relationships between the staff, watch episodes of Croc Diaries. It was a neat show. You got to see Wes fall in love with Jodi, all of their practical jokes they played on each other, birthday parties, etc. You truly got a feel for the 'family' of the place.

Artfreak
09-28-2006, 09:57 AM
We watched this and it was incredibly sad but uplifting at the same time.

I loved the way Terri summed up the accident as, "It was a stupid accident, like running with a pencil."

I can't believe she did the interview so soon. I really feel for her, she's so without him now. Not unlike a lot of people who have undergone personal tragedy, but it was still very sad.

Havana Brown
09-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Wow, just wow. I really thought Terri was going to be strong for this. It was obviously too soon for her. Before she even uttered her first word I could see the heartache. There were a few spots throughout the interview where the camera faded to black, it looked to me like that's the times when Terri broke down.

Terri must've been out in the sun filiming a lot with Steve. Seems like the weather has gotten to her. You could see it in her face. I always thought she looked young and pretty and last nite she looked like she had aged. I thought she had been with Steve maybe 10 years, I didn't realize it had been 14.

The kid and I had watched their shows since the late 90's and really enjoyed them.

I thought it was a great interview with Terri and John Stanton. I think they answered all the questions that we viewers at home wanted to know.